Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetskid007

Jets select EDGE Jachai Polite in round 3, 68th overall

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Talent is there. If he doesn't succeed its mental issues with him. Odd since he on the field is a very high effort.

For all we know his off the field effort is there too. The interview process was the most ridiculous thing I have seen with him. He doesn’t sound like a hood rat, he’s respectful, albeit short answered but seems like a nice kid. His tape is excellent. He plays hard, fast, has legit bend in the rush, a repertoire of rush techniques and a legit nose for the ball. Doing all this in the SEC playing against the top LT that came out. All offseason this kid was slotted a mid to late 1st rounder and one of the more polished pass rushers. I could care less who bought the hammy injury and this further proves how insignificant the 40 time really is. Give me the kid who shows up and Sunday and forces turnovers on over half his sacks. I really hope this kid makes 31 other GMs look silly. Hopefully he shows up ready to work his tail off in camp and can start from day one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know who started these character issues with Polite, but they are false. I follow the Gators close, saw all there games and there was never a problem with him. Lets put this character issues to bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he comes with a chip on his shoulder and hes one of those guys that is out to prove the world wrong. 

 

When i watch his tape I'm like dang this is a legit pass rusher, cant believe we got that type of talent round 3.

 

I feel more comfortable knowing we have leaders on defense like Adams and Mosely to show him how to be a pro.

 

If he surprises and comes out giving us that edge pressure,  our defense could be a really good group. We have one of the best middle of defense groups in the NFL.  Dont get much better than the Williams wall, Mosely and Williamson,and Adams. 

 

Hope we bring Claiborne back.

 

The ol is the only position that worries me, wr is solis if healthy. But i think Osemele will be like a Damien Woody signing,  come here and be a top 5 guard. Hopefully Harrison can be solid at center or we make a move to grab one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys like this should not fall into round 3.  I don't care what you 40 says or if you got a little frustrated with the interview questions at 21.  This guy can get to the QB and adding him and Q to our DL is something special.

If Tru bounces back and Jones steps up as #2 CB I feel we could be a top 5 defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Guys like this should not fall into round 3.  I don't care what you 40 says or if you got a little frustrated with the interview questions at 21.  This guy can get to the QB and adding him and Q to our DL is something special.

If Tru bounces back and Jones steps up as #2 CB I feel we could be a top 5 defense.

I'd be very shocked if it wasn't top 10.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not worried about his 40 because we've seen people like Bosa & Suggs kill it for years. His motor shows and has great pass rushing technique. Really good Mid round pick by Macc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Guys like this should not fall into round 3.  I don't care what you 40 says or if you got a little frustrated with the interview questions at 21.  This guy can get to the QB and adding him and Q to our DL is something special.

If Tru bounces back and Jones steps up as #2 CB I feel we could be a top 5 defense.

I would really like to see a young corner start. Even if Mo gets signed. I want Jones and Clark to play and even see what we have in the little dude with dreds in year two. Our corners were atrocious last year, can’t get worse especially with more pressure up front. Let the kids play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I would really like to see a young corner start. Even if Mo gets signed. I want Jones and Clark to play and even see what we have in the little dude with dreds in year two. Our corners were atrocious last year, can’t get worse especially with more pressure up front. Let the kids play.

Clark is pretty much a goner at this point but Jones in his limited time stood out and made plays even more so then Nickerson.  I really think Jones can be a starting CB in this league and this will be his year to prove that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Clark is pretty much a goner at this point but Jones in his limited time stood out and made plays even more so then Nickerson.  I really think Jones can be a starting CB in this league and this will be his year to prove that.

Yeah I hope so, was never really a fan of how our last coaching staff played our corners. Bowles’ staff was horrible. This season should at least be exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this guy needs to play at whatever weight he is comfortable at. Clearly making him gain weight wasn't the best for him. If he can gain 0-5lbs of muscle that'd be great. But if he cant, don't make him gain 5-10lbs just to gain it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 12:22 PM, ekill08x said:

Yeah I hope so, was never really a fan of how our last coaching staff played our corners. Bowles’ staff was horrible. This season should at least be exciting.

I still can’t get over the fact that Bowles didn’t play Jones more once his starting CBs got injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am concerned about Myles Garrett saying Gregg only allowed him to use 2 pass rushing moves. Really weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I am concerned about Myles Garrett saying Gregg only allowed him to use 2 pass rushing moves. Really weird. 

 He had 13.5 sacks. I’m not too worried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I am concerned about Myles Garrett saying Gregg only allowed him to use 2 pass rushing moves. Really weird. 

K.I.S.S.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×