Jets select EDGE Jachai Polite in round 3, 68th overall

jetskid007

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

If you listen to him speak hes very well spoken, I think things were completely blown out of proportion with his interviews. Anything Charlie Casserly says you can trust the contrary. Hes a freakin loser.

Isn't he the dood who recommended we hire Macc? Lmao

Jesus Christ this guys first step and quickness looks (dare I say it) elite!! That spin move he uses is lethal too. Check out the spin move and qb hit against LSU. Nasty!!  

What I'm loving more about this offseason (even though it’s not without some flaws) is the fact we’ve brought in ‘dogs’ like Jamal wanted or I’d call them alphas. 

Starting with Adam Gase and Gregg Williams we’ve brought in Bell, CJ, Osemele, Q-Will, Polite who I’d class as that Alpha personality type. Jesus it’s a breath of fresh air having some nasty again after the years with Bowles. 

This feels like the beginning of the last great Jets squad that I and probably all of you on here fell in love with.

The first few years of Rex felt like this....fingers crossed we can take some of the qualities that team had and sprinkled in with an innovative offensive mind in Adam Gase take us to the promise land. 

Edited by xenajets

I sort of like the pick (although I would have preferred McGovern or Winovich). 

His 40 time was terrible at both the combine, worst at his pro-day, and apparently he appeared out of shape for his Pro day.  Hopefully the problem was his hamstring issue because otherwise he’s in the same testing area as Lorenzo Mauldin. The real reason he fell might have more to do with his interviews where he was upset with the questioning. He has apparently apologized. Pre combine he was probably a, at worst a borderline 1st., after the combine some said he was a day three selection. That makes no sense to me. If player’s film is a main evaluating tool, a poor combine, especially one that might have to do with an injury, shouldn’t drop him that far. 

So i’m hopeful. With better training and no health issues we could have a really good player that could benefit from having a strong interior DL

19 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I sort of like the pick (although I would have preferred McGovern or Winovich). 

His 40 time was terrible at both the combine, worst at his pro-day, and apparently he appeared out of shape for his Pro day.  Hopefully the problem was his hamstring issue because otherwise he’s in the same testing area as Lorenzo Mauldin. The real reason he fell might have more to do with his interviews where he was upset with the questioning. He has apparently apologized. Pre combine he was probably a, at worst a borderline 1st., after the combine some said he was a day three selection. That makes no sense to me. If player’s film is a main evaluating tool, a poor combine, especially one that might have to do with an injury, shouldn’t drop him that far. 

So i’m hopeful. With better training and no health issues we could have a really good player that could benefit from having a strong interior DL

Hopefully we benefitted from teams taking the combine too seriously. 

I like the kid, he was a top 5 EDGE in the class in terms of talent and the athleticism he shows on tape. Natural 3-4 fit as well. 

Also forgot the Marcus Maye/College connection.

So: Same College as Maye, same high school as Leo & we have some FL coaches on the staff.

With leaders in Leo, CJ, Avery & Adams, I’m not even worried. We got a steal. Polite & Josh Allen are much closer to each other than Quinnen and any other DL after him. That’s how good Q is and also how underrated Polite is. This is NOT a Lorenzo Mauldin.

Edited by DowNY

55 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

His DC coached in the NFL and said Ware and Houston were the fastest twitch players and Polite is right behind them.  He wasn't prepared for interviews and sprinting, jumping, testing is very hard on a bum hammy.  We got a 1st round talent who may actually make a difference.  

I just hope that he really had a bum hammy and wasn't copping out. The tape does show a guy who has bend and honestly I don't care about straight-line speed (Joey Bosa ran a 4.88 with a 32" vertical jump). My biggest concern is not seeing those other testing numbers and the mentality he had at the combine, as if everyone else was to blame but himself. He's taken ownership and says he's learned, but I don't know if that's genuine yet. Time will tell. He doesn't seem like a bad seed; needs proper guidance which we should be able to give as DowNY pointed out.

Just worried about him as he gives me major Shane Ray vibes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I just hope that he really had a bum hammy and wasn't copping out. The tape does show a guy who has bend and honestly I don't care about straight-line speed (Joey Bosa ran a 4.88 with a 32" vertical jump). My biggest concern is not seeing those other testing numbers and the mentality he had at the combine, as if everyone else was to blame but himself. He's taken ownership and says he's learned, but I don't know if that's genuine yet. Time will tell. He doesn't seem like a bad seed; needs proper guidance which we should be able to give as DowNY pointed out.

Just worried about him as he gives me major Shane Ray vibes. 

It’s at least encouraging that he plays like his hair is on fire and doesn’t take plays off. His motor runs hot all the time. He has some maturing to do, but this isn’t a Quinton Coples’ situation. 

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 1