3[75]: Jace Sternberger [TE; Texas A&M]

Packerraymond

13 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I love this pick.  He can be as productive as any TE in this draft class with  Rodgers.  Talented route runner and he'll catch everything.  

Ironically he would've been a Patriot if they didn't trade out.  He was the best TE on their board and a no brainer pick. 

As Packers fans we have the Bears to thank for landing Jace.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Where did you read that?

Didn't read it going on gut. They lost Gronk and were short at TE.  I did hear they were high on Jace also. I strongly believe if they stood pat they would've taken Jace.

51 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Didn't read it going on gut. They lost Gronk and were short at TE.  I did hear they were high on Jace also. I strongly believe if they stood pat they would've taken Jace.

oh damn i just assumed it was pillow talk from Giselle.

Patriots don't need a TE anyways. Brady will start eating two trucks of stem cells a week instead of one and belichick will hire NASA and the CIA to even further assist in their cheating and they'll win the next 5. I'm just hoping we get second once for when they take all their titles away.

• 2 weeks later...

The Packers website lists Jace Sternberger @ 6’4” and 251 lb on their “Meet the 2019 Draft Class” rundown. 

Just below that article Cliff Kristalnacht writes about Forrest Gregg and reports that he was 6’4” and 249 lb. 

Hot take: for two dudes the same size they seem awfully different from one another. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

The Packers website lists Jace Sternberger @ 6’4” and 251 lb on their “Meet the 2019 Draft Class” rundown. 

Just below that article Cliff Kristalnacht writes about Forrest Gregg and reports that he was 6’4” and 249 lb. 

Hot take: for two dudes the same size they seem awfully different from one another. 

One's rocked up, the other wasn't. Full time modern lifting techniques and nutrition versus guys with part time jobs outside of football.

The game has changed a **** ton. 

at the 1960 Olympics, there were 6 runs of the 200m at slower than 23 seconds. That was hand timed. Sternberger ran it in 24.5 seconds as a 17 year old in high school at an official meet. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

One's rocked up, the other wasn't. Full time modern lifting techniques and nutrition versus guys with part time jobs outside of football.

The game has changed a **** ton. 

Just think how many country strong and steel- minded potential NFL Hall of Famers were HS legends in the 1930s-50s but got married instead and followed their daddies into the mines, steel mills, and farm fields of an American landscape that had yet to make pro football a modern colosseum. 

1 minute ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Just think how many country strong and steel- minded potential NFL Hall of Famers were HS legends in the 1930s-50s but got married instead and followed their daddies into the mines, steel mills, and farm fields of an American landscape that had yet to make pro football a modern colosseum. 

For sure, just saying that we're comparing bodies from 60 years ago. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

For sure, just saying that we're comparing bodies from 60 years ago. 

Absolutely... your comment made me wonder if a Forrest Gregg would have made it in the modern era (I suspect he would have), and it made wonder further how many talented others from 60+ years ago weren’t willing to put the time into a game that didn’t reward them well enough to give up a secure job in the middle classes of manufacturing and mining. 

Just now, blueswedeshoes said:

Absolutely... your comment made me wonder if a Forrest Gregg would have made it in the modern era (I suspect he would have), and it made wonder further how many talented others from 60+ years ago weren’t willing to put the time into a game that didn’t reward them well enough to give up a secure job in the middle classes of manufacturing and mining. 

Gregg from 1960 transported today wouldn't have a chance in hell. Gregg born, raised, and bred to play football from an early age would have been a serious player. 

There were probably a bunch of guys who could have got it done that for various reasons just didn't end up playing. The other aspect that I think gets overlooked is military service. A lot of guys went into the service at that time.