3[75]: Jace Sternberger [TE; Texas A&M]

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Don’t jump me for this, but after watching his highlight reel, he reminds me of Thielen.  Great hands, great route runner, great separation, competes well for the ball.  Maybe not as fast as Thielen, and not the same position, but whatever.  Like this pick!

i can see this

Thielen has that ability to make it seem like catching the football speeds him up as well

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Which WR did you want ?

I think the Pack HAs four WR's who are bigger and faster more athletic, as well as three tight ends. Pack needs a RB, could of had Damien Harris from Bama. 

1 minute ago, SAM said:

I think the Pack HAs four WR's who are bigger and faster more athletic, as well as three tight ends. Pack needs a RB, could of had Damien Harris from Bama. 

But Damien Harris does not fit what the packers like to draft at RB. We always need to consider that they pretty much stick to their tendencies

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i can see this

Thielen has that ability to make it seem like catching the football speeds him up as well

Exactly!  He definitely appears to play with speed and separation, and in a very competitive conference against excellent teams.  Your earlier post was spot on about his fluidity, etc.  I’m rooting for him!

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

But Damien Harris does not fit what the packers like to draft at RB. We always need to consider that they pretty much stick to their tendencies

Possibly, however with no 4th round picks, we will have to see what is left in the 5th

As a KU football fan I can tell you that him not being able to get on the field speaks more about that pathetic coaching staff than it does his talent. Our offense was such a disgrace it didn’t matter who was on the field. And we didn’t use our TEs. They combined for 11 catches during the one season Jace actually played.  I would’ve transferred out of there in a heartbeat too. So I don’t think that should be seen as a red flag or used against him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Exactly!  He definitely appears to play with speed and separation, and in a very competitive conference against excellent teams.  Your earlier post was spot on about his fluidity, etc.  I’m rooting for him!

Agree. Sternberger seems to accept the pass very easily while in step and keep moving.

A good pick.......if AR will throw him the ball. There is that little problem...........

• Like 1

While watching Sternberger's highlights, I was a little surprised to see how 'small' he looked. Dude is tall enough but I think he needs to fill out a little bit so that he can help with blocking a little more.

I am still happy with this pick because I think he has the speed and size to play as WR if the TE position does not work out.