No. 80 browns select Sione Takitaki

Kiwibrown

Guys... this is a really good player...

On 3/15/2019 at 4:24 AM, Mind Character said:

Two of my favorite 5th round or later targets are:

1.) Sione Takitaki, LB BYU: Plays every game from start to finish as if the fate of the world depended on his effort and play-making. Efficient and fluid mover, urgent athlete with flexibility for dynamic movements, good instincts. Play quickness and Technique are tremendous. True culture leader and infectious football character and play passion. Simply put... he's a high level play-maker. Weaknesses: Because he goes all out, when he misses a play he misses big. Not an elite speed athlete. Pass coverage is either a grand slam play or an epic strikeout. Probably goes in the 6th round.

Tremendous turn around in his life.... went from suspended, trouble-maker, off the team, to a team captain... he is the life and energy of the defense.

Has athletic deficiencies and should've been drafted later. I still had him as my 29th rated player b/c of the intangibles and passion and competitive fight splash plays.

He went a lot earlier than I thought and I thought he might fit better in a 34ILB.

He's a SAM with athletic limitations but really a 43 MLB allowing shobert to move to WLB thus protecting Taakitaki's limitations.

Edited by Mind Character

I think John Dorsey forced a linebacker pick a little bit there. I think he’s actually decent player and will help out on special teams. But he’s probably not a mid third round value, and I think we could have just gone best player available a bit more there. Likely he would’ve been there a bit later as well.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think John Dorsey forced a linebacker pick a little bit there. I think he’s actually decent player and will help out on special teams. But he’s probably not a mid third round value, and I think we could have just gone best player available a bit more there. Likely he would’ve been there a bit later as well.

If he’s a special teams stud that can be a rotational piece, I’m happy.