No. 80 browns select Sione Takitaki

Kiwibrown

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Prepare to be underwhelmed. 

Takes bad angles, missed tackles for a loss, gets his lunch eaten by guards.

All off of one film? You look at Baker vs tOSU Norman and you will walk away unimpressed too. Don’t know anything about this LB but one film sure as Hell one define it for me. 

Was he brought in for a workout?

I can see why he flew under the radar tbh.

Played DE in 2017, moved off the ball last year and his role changed throughout the year.  Actually the role transitioned very similarly to how Avery’s did with us, from primarily rushing and playing the edge to expanding to a full off ball role.

Im sure the issues from a few years ago probably dinged him in some people’s mind.  I’m not to worried about that, he seems to have grown up and those issues likely won’t be relevant moving forward.

Athletically he’s top notch tbh.  Be it timed speed, explosive tests/jumps, very solid number on the bench, etc. his athletic profile is impressive.  Pair that with a relentless attitude (which even the less than flattering assessments of his game note) and there’s a lot to like.

This pick is actually an easy one for me to like after educating myself a bit, much more than some other picks (looking at you Chad Thomas).

I’m on board @Mind Character

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

So they sucks at either scouting or using picks woo.

Really? I didn’t love the pick either, but I’m pretty sure our guys are good at scouting.

I don’t see any way Dorsey wants to pay a guy like Schobert or Kirksey a ton of money. This guy may very well keep us from doing that. Plus, he’ll contribute right away on specials. Again, don’t love the pick, but I get it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Really? I didn’t love the pick either, but I’m pretty sure our guys are good at scouting.

I don’t see any way Dorsey wants to pay a guy like Schobert or Kirksey a ton of money. This guy may very well keep us from doing that. Plus, he’ll contribute right away on specials. Again, don’t love the pick, but I get it.

Yeah I think this is clearly a pick made with one eye one Kirksey’s current deal and Schobert’s looming deal, which is fine.

They seemingly like the player, and I can see why even if he’s not the guy I’d have likely chosen.