No. 80 browns select Sione Takitaki

Kiwibrown

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe, but they may also just have a more varied skill set.

Someone who can play specifically as a sub package guy, someone who can rush the passer, etc.

The thing about the numbers at LB is they make up a lot of your kick coverage teams.

Just pure speculation from me, but I won’t be shocked if kick coverage is gone in 5 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just pure speculation from me, but I won’t be shocked if kick coverage is gone in 5 years.

Eh, it’s not crazy.  They’re moving further and further away from it each year.

I don’t see punts going anywhere, but I could see KO being gone for sure.  Prolly need to actually, it’s a waste of time as is. Put the ball at the 25 and go.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think mack and takitaki are competing for one spot on the roster, kirkseys, neither can replace schobert as a defensive leader. Sione doesnt know football and mack isnt a leader. 

The only person on the team to replace schobert is kirksey

Takitaki will make it regardless how he performs, as a 3rd. See Chad Thomas. 

Wilson is competing though. Hopefully he wins out. We could use some promising linebackers for what is coming in the next year or so.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The way the league is headed it might not even take 5  years. It would change the game so much but I think it may be the right call to help the longevity of the game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PNWjefe said:

The way the league is headed it might not even take 5  years. It would change the game so much but I think it may be the right call to help the longevity of the game. 

It’s not going to be popular with the union though. A lot of guys make their money off of special teams.

WLB: Kirksey/Taylor

MLB: Schobert/Wilson/Armstrong

SLB: Avery/Takitaki

That ain't bad. We have a lot of interchangeable players there too. Kirksey can play any LB spot as can Taylor. Schobert can play MLB an SLB. Wilson can play WLB or SLB.

I don't really know much about Takitaki and only watched 2 game tapes of his. I'm skeptical that he was worth a 3rd round pick, but that's more because of my own bias having never seen him play before Friday's draft.

Our pass defense will likely see Avery move to the DL (or off the field) with Schobert and Wilson as the cover men. Mack Wilson is a very flawed run defender right now, but he's ELITE in pass coverage. He and Schobert will be awesome to have patrolling the middle of our zone defense.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

WLB: Kirksey/Taylor

MLB: Schobert/Wilson/Armstrong

SLB: Avery/Takitaki

That ain't bad. We have a lot of interchangeable players there too. Kirksey can play any LB spot as can Taylor. Schobert can play MLB an SLB. Wilson can play WLB or SLB.

I don't really know much about Takitaki and only watched 2 game tapes of his. I'm skeptical that he was worth a 3rd round pick, but that's more because of my own bias having never seen him play before Friday's draft.

Our pass defense will likely see Avery move to the DL (or off the field) with Schobert and Wilson as the cover men. Mack Wilson is a very flawed run defender right now, but he's ELITE in pass coverage. He and Schobert will be awesome to have patrolling the middle of our zone defense.

Our pass defense has to be top 2 in the nfl or bust imo

Schobert top 2-3 mlb

Ward, greedy should be great-good

Randall excellent 

Mitchell and carrie both solid as number 3 or dime back/ safety on passing downs

Burnett isnt a slouch either. 

Matched with Vernon, garrett, larry and Richardson, avery bringing heat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I was so hopeful that Patrick Peterson was drafted in 2013 because I feel like I could have rationalized what Jim said as sign of Greedy's greatness.

1. I'm glad that Jim didnt collapse, it seemed like power nearly cut out. 

2. Hopefully he is DRC good or better, greedy is a smooth mover like jg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

1. I'm glad that Jim didnt collapse, it seemed like power nearly cut out. 

2. Hopefully he is DRC good or better, greedy is a smooth mover like jg.

I desperately want to compare him to Champ Bailey. I really didn't scout Champ enough when I was 7 to say it without being completely full of BS.

...But there are some interesting similarities. Both were given badass nicknames as kids, can cover extremely well, and check out some of their physical traits:

Champ - 6'1", 184, 4.28 40

Greedy - 6'1" 7/8, 185, 4.37 40

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/champ-bailey

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/greedy-williams

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I desperately want to compare him to Champ Bailey. I really didn't scout Champ enough when I was 7 to say it without being completely full of BS.

...But there are some interesting similarities. Both were given badass nicknames as kids, can cover extremely well, and check out some of their physical traits:

Champ - 6'1", 184, 4.28 40

Greedy - 6'1" 7/8, 185, 4.37 40

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/champ-bailey

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/greedy-williams

I do remember Champ as a prospect and I can assure you Greedy ain’t Champ.

That’s not to say he isn’t a good prospect, but Champ was a whole other animal.

DRC would be a much closer comp imo.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I do remember Champ as a prospect and I can assure you Greedy ain’t Champ.

That’s not to say he isn’t a good prospect, but to Champ was a whole other animal.

DRC would be a much closer comp imo.

especially with the tackling issues. Champ was an all round corner ho wasnt a liability.

It will be interesting to see how the tackling works out with greedy.

• Like 1