No. 80 browns select Sione Takitaki

Kiwibrown

Takitaki, at least from what I’ve read, doesn’t seem like the type to flat out bust.

Maybe he’s never a starting LB, but if he really plays as hard as has been reported and has his physical talent, at a minimum he’s a backup and core special teamer.

In that way I think he’s super low risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Takitaki, at least from what I’ve read, doesn’t seem like the type to flat out bust.

Maybe he’s never a starting LB, but if he really plays as hard as has been reported and has his physical talent, at a minimum he’s a backup and core special teamer.

In that way I think he’s super low risk.

Agreed.

At worst he’s a Matthew Slater type. His energy is contagious and he’s very fast. I don’t see 4.6 speed.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Agreed.

At worst he’s a Matthew Slater type. His energy is contagious and he’s very fast. I don’t see 4.6 speed.

I was thinking at work he will be a Carl Nassib type. All of the motor and energy but never really put it all together to become a consistent threat and full time starter.

Im just trying to figure out what role he will play to start and where he even fits in what situations. Seems like he is a Avery clone but Avery already has that rotational OLB/EDGE role. So is he going to spell Kirksey? Schobert? idk

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 11:55 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I do remember Champ as a prospect and I can assure you Greedy ain’t Champ.

That’s not to say he isn’t a good prospect, but Champ was a whole other animal.

DRC would be a much closer comp imo.

When God came down to Ohio and created football, Champ was his design for the cornerback position. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Agreed.

4.6 ain’t slow for 238 or whatever he is. 

Especially if he actually plays fast.  A lot of dudes don’t play to their timed speed.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I was thinking at work he will be a Carl Nassib type. All of the motor and energy but never really put it all together to become a consistent threat and full time starter.

Eh, Nassib looked ok down in Tampa last season.

Better than Smith and Thomas who we decided to keep over him anyway.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im just trying to figure out what role he will play to start and where he even fits in what situations. Seems like he is a Avery clone but Avery already has that rotational OLB/EDGE role. So is he going to spell Kirksey? Schobert? idk

From what the FO has said, the linebacker roles in this defense aren’t traditionally defined.

More or less they all play similar roles and need to be able to run (or so they keep saying).

• Like 1