Sign in to follow this  
Tyty

Chicago Drafts RB David Montgomery

No one made a thread I guess so here you be 

Posted (edited)

Tyty with the save.

Surprised he fell that far, I'm pretty happy with the pick. 

Pace was happy with the RBs he had, but not quite enough to ignore using the first pick he had to improve the group. Lol. Kind of the worst secret honestly, he can do a damn good job at keeping his poker face but it seemed obvious one of the 2 first picks was going to be a RB. He was my 1b. Awesome value this late in the 3rd. 

Edited by Sugashane

Said it in the draft thread--legit ecstatic about this. Every Bears fan everywhere should be dancing in the streets right now. I would be, but I'm too damn old...and tired...

I didn't think we had a chance in hell at this kid, but lo-and-behold Pace moves up and secures a stud RB!

David Montgomery

1.63/2.69/4.58
7.12 cone
4.23 shuttle

Kareem Hunt

1.59/2.67/4.62
7.22 cone
4.53 shuttle

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

I didn't think we had a chance in hell at this kid, but lo-and-behold Pace moves up and secures a stud RB!

David Montgomery

1.63/2.69/4.58
7.12 cone
4.23 shuttle

Kareem Hunt

1.59/2.67/4.62
7.22 cone
4.53 shuttle

Don’t forget the GOAT

Mike Davis

0.01/0.01/0.01

0.01 cone 

0.01 shuttle

I know a lot of people like him and he certainly has some good traits, but he looks slow when you watch him run. I'm a bit concerned about his burst.

This is the game where Pace scouted him:

Cohen, Davis and Montgomery our RB core looks good.  I'm sure there'll be packages where two or all three of these guys are on the field at the same time.  That would be a match up nightmare for opposing defenses.  Let's get us a pass rusher. 

Interesting tidbit: Montgomery had the luxury of playing the trash Drake Bulldogs last season and now has the luxury of playing the Drake Bulldogs of the nfl twice a season (Detroit)

I was a Darrell Henderson guy.

But I am glad that Pace and Nagy got aggressive and made the move. The run on RBs seemed to be starting and they needed their guy.

One of the best aspects of Montgomery is that he is ready to start week 1 if needed.

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

No one made a thread I guess so here you be 

If Pace and Nagy are happy I'm happy but I hope they realize this pretty much ends any hope Mike Davis has of reaching the HOF!  :( 

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I was a Darrell Henderson guy.

But I am glad that Pace and Nagy got aggressive and made the move. The run on RBs seemed to be starting and they needed their guy.

One of the best aspects of Montgomery is that he is ready to start week 1 if needed.

Yup, now we have superior depth at RB.

I gotta say, when Pace sees a weakness he has to fix he doesn't go just half way.

Last year it was pass catchers and he gets ARob, Gabriel, Burton, Miller and Wims.

This year it's RB and he gets Davis, Patterson and Montgomery.

9 minutes ago, soulman said:

If Pace and Nagy are happy I'm happy but I hope they realize this pretty much ends any hope Mike Davis has of reaching the HOF!  :( 

Bo Jackson is regarded as one of the best rbs ever (based on potential but I digress) despite only rushing for 2700 yards and being essentially a career backup (due to being a two sport athlete mostly but I digress). Walter Payton is a hall of fame runningback despite never being a starter behind starting runningback Matt Suhey (but I digress). Never give up hope. 

5 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Bo Jackson is regarded as one of the best rbs ever (based on potential but I digress) despite only rushing for 2700 yards and being essentially a career backup (due to being a two sport athlete mostly but I digress). Walter Payton is a hall of fame runningback despite never being a starter behind starting runningback Matt Suhey (but I digress). Never give up hope. 

I'm an eternal optimist and I keep my Hemlock under lock and key.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

This is the game where Pace scouted him:

Watching this video, I was more impressed with Butler...