Round 3, Pick 86: TE Kahale Warring

Texansfan713

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kahale-warring?id=32195741-5275-2700-ebaf-ccabda046f86

Image result for kahale warring

Overview

Exciting and ascending, Warring is still a relative newcomer to the game, but he has the size, speed and athleticism to become a versatile, high-impact player on the pro level. He has the competitiveness to handle run-blocking duties and the talent to line up in the slot. While his production won't catch your eye, his tape does with quickness and ball skills that should make him a more productive target in the NFL than he was in college.

Edited by Texansfan713

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

WOw

i like this guy as a TE. I hate the pick. I hope that makes sense. 

That's my take as well. Had their been a need at TE, I'd love this pick. Had there not been an investment in FA this off-season along with two draft pick last season, I'd love this pick at well.

I'm wondering - is somebody due a position switch? Is Akins going to be a #4 WR and emergency TE? Would Jordan Thomas or Daniel Fells play some FB? 

I'm at the point to where I'm simply just trying to justify and understand every pick now. I'm beyond good and bad, given how the first three rounds went.

I might be in the minority but there was a need for TE.  A receiving tight end that is.  Griffin is terrible.  Akins is 28 and about time he gets in his "prime" he will be in his 30's so he might not have upside as a starter.  Fells is signed just for his blocking.  Thomas is still learning to be a receiving tight end. Warring will be the starter at some point in the season.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:36 PM, tab said:

the more i think about it, this is probably my favorite pick in the draft so far

Yeah, I'm warming up to it - Jordan Thomas has PS eligibility and while he caught a few TD passes, he's still very raw in terms of his blocking assignments. Let him work on it on the PS, go into the season with Fells/Warring/Akins, with Warring turning into the full time starter really quickly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...