Chauncey Gardner or Deionte Thompson

I would actually move up to the top of the 4th to secure Gardner. I think teams are overthinking it a little, with him not having a ton of safety experience and all that. He’s just one helluva football player. Instincts, toughness, explosion, ball skills, he’s very impressive when you sit down and watch him.

Thompson has very good instincts on the back end, but I think he’s limited athletically. And he has major issues with his tackling technique and desire. If we were going to a pure one-high safety approach, that would be one thing. But he’s going to struggle to hold his own in the box and the flats. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I would actually move up to the top of the 4th to secure Gardner. I think teams are overthinking it a little, with him not having a ton of safety experience and all that. He’s just one helluva football player. Instincts, toughness, explosion, ball skills, he’s very impressive when you sit down and watch him.

Saints apparently agreed with you.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Thompson has very good instincts on the back end, but I think he’s limited athletically. And he has major issues with his tackling technique and desire. If we were going to a pure one-high safety approach, that would be one thing. But he’s going to struggle to hold his own in the box and the flats. 

Excellent analsyianalysis

I wish we had gotten Gardner or Thompson this year but I’ll say it again, we drafted Nicholson and he flashed as a rookie. Now since then, he’s had issues on and off the field, but let’s hope the 3rd year is the charm. Then, they drafted the super fast and athletic Apke last year and he did get hurt but he has potential to be a starting FS.

And after those two we can’t forget about the young vet we have now with Everett. He’s started some games, had his ups and downs, but I could see him finally being developed after 4 years and starting for us if Apke or Nicholson don’t lock the spot down.

Edited by turtle28