Jets select USC OL Chuma Edoga at #92

Abe56

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Like this pick a lot, let him sit behind Beachum for a year and let him compete for the spot next year

I hope he is given the chance to compete and wins a starting spot this year. It’s not like Beachum or Shell can’t be upgraded

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I hope he is given the chance to compete and wins a starting spot this year. It’s not like Beachum or Shell can’t be upgraded

Agreed. Jets need to get creative with the OL. It’s the biggest weakness we have on this team. 

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We have not drafted a quality OL starter since 2006 outside of maybe Matt Slauson. Let think sink in. Cant wait to hear people say Winters and Shell...talk about setting the bar low.

Give the kid a chance, he has high upside and PFF loves him as a pass blocker. If he pans out to be our LT of the future then this is an amazing value pick that takes away probably our biggest need going into 2020 when Beachum's contract expires. Let's hope he shows well in camp. Also he protected Sam at USC.

10 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

As I've been saying for months... Jets have been high on this guy for a while

You called this one.

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

With his pass protection skills, he can compete early. I would just keep him at OT. Beachum isn't great and Shell struggles to stay healthy. He's going to get his shot. 

I think he can be our starting LT after this season.