2019 Third Round Pick (#93) - Miles Boykin - WR - Notre Dame

drd23

Yeah I think Boykin is the type that plays football because he’s good at it and not because he has love for the game.

Perhaps with him being a professional at the sport where he gets to worry only about studying his craft and not about school and campus life as much, perhaps he’s able to focus and take the next step to be a dominant receiver. He has almost every tool you can ask for to be good though. The only thing he legit lacks is overwhelming upper body strength.

I’d love to see Boykin add another 5 lbs to his upper body and then just be a purely unstoppable threat in most every facet. That and obviously dial in on his route running.

• Like 1

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see him have higher volume numbers than Hollywood in 2019.  He’s very much an X with his main competitor being Scott. brown will compete with lasley and Moore for traditional Z snaps. 

Im sure the coaching staff will make sure brown gets on the field, but he definitely has more competition relative to his fellow rookie 

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

so why did this guy not sign his contract yet?

any concerns now? July 11th i believe is the day TC starts.

i know smart heads on here will say its a non issue but being a 3rd round contract should absolutely not linger into TC. 

educate me.

“It’s a non issue”, he’ll be redshirted anyway.😂 

But this is interesting. Not much leverage for himself with the scale and all.

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

so why did this guy not sign his contract yet?

any concerns now? July 11th i believe is the day TC starts.

i know smart heads on here will say its a non issue but being a 3rd round contract should absolutely not linger into TC. 

educate me.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

“It’s a non issue”, he’ll be redshirted anyway.😂 

But this is interesting. Not much leverage for himself with the scale and all.

Yea. I don’t know. 

I haven’t seen anything about him still not being signed for a while, though. Is it possible that it just hasn’t been reported? I find it weird that no local reporter would make a story out of it if it were actually an issue. 

• Like 1

Contract hold outs for rookies are almost always about the timing of when guaranteed money is paid, and whether offset language is included or not.  Without knowing anything about the situation, these will be the reasons

I'm gettin' a tad nervous. A lot of people are on the Boykin hype train. Hope folks know there will be growing pains even if he turns into the WR we never had. And I'm not worried about his contract status, he'll be a go for Training Camp. He ain't missing that money, lol