Jaguars draft Murray State LB Quincy Williams at #98

37 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

But the media never heard of him...😐

Small school guy, happens sometimes.

The leak from Rap about other visits/Falcons trying to trade up for him makes me feel a lot better even if it doesn't matter. Hope we found a gem here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We say small school and all that but nowadays in the internet era or whatever I’m surprised he is so unknown still

Also the brother of a top prospect who went to THE big school in CFB.

Guessing his height played a role on him being undervalued? 

Murray State and Alabama are two very different paths for two brothers

8 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Also the brother of a top prospect who went to THE big school in CFB.

Guessing his height played a role on him being undervalued? 

Murray State and Alabama are two very different paths for two brothers

let us not forget that bama primarily recruits 4 star recruits and higher.    he definitely doesnt seem like he would have been a fit for bamas defense anyway unless they played him at safety but i think he would be a box safety.   im hoping hes gonna take over/compete with Payne and Brown to be our future WLB at this point. 

not being in contact with the team definitely isnt a good a look for telvin especially since hes a "captain". 

On 26/04/2019 at 9:22 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Pro Day information

4.59 40 time
7.25 3 Cone
10'4" Broad Jump
30.5 Vertical Leap
17 Bench Reps
4.41 Short Shuttle Relay

I really don't know anything about this guy.  I don't even know where the heck Murray State is.  xD  But from the highlight packages and stuff...he sure looks faster than 4.59.  Kinda interesting.  Can't help but wonder how much of that is the "small school effect" where the guy looks bonkers fast, partly because he's running around a lot of slow people.

On 27/04/2019 at 12:22 AM, DuvalsKing said:

Not a fan of the pick Caldwell claims he’s 1 of the few remaining linebackers with starter traits. Guess we’ll see. 

With this year's LBer class, i don't think that's necessarily a huge exaggeration.

Still seems early to take him, but i honestly don't know.  Can't really criticize it much without knowing about him.  Just know that the rest of the LBer class seemed pretty smelly this year, and they obviously have it in their minds that they need to fire a warning shot across Telvin's bow.

Worst case, this guy should be a really good STer for us i suppose.  Though you kinda hope for a lot more than that with a 3rd round pick.