With the 102nd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Alexander Mattison, RB - Boise St.

SemperFeist

In 100% honestly this has been the most “excited” I have been in the draft.

got a lineman.... I hate Interior lineman first round, but he is good, and my #2 interior lineman. So I had a slight frustration with who was on the board

then....

my #2 TE, but I had a crush..... I really believe he is all of good as OJ Howard.... really adds a big threat to Cousins and I actually don’t expect a WR anytime soon after being able to get him. THREAT!

and personally my biggest mid round draft crush, I love Mattison for our scheme.....

now we have another 10 picks and I have no idea what’s going to happen. Obviously Waynes will be with us, but we need cap space....... life will be interesting tomorrow

Watched some highlights of him. Very quick first step. Good vision, feet and balance along with some pop at the end of most runs. 

Like the pick. Since we seem focused on offense, I’m curious what the powers that be think was wrong with the defense in the second half of the season. We seemed to lack something that I can’t quite put my finger on. Perhaps it was due to the woes of the offense. 

11 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Maybe it's because of the number, but I got a bit of a Mark Ingram vibe from him. Now checking numbers, Ingram ran 4.62 with a 1.55 10-yard split too, so pretty comparable.

It'll be hard seeing the Hitman give up 22..

8 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Never heard of him, but he's got cool hair. Oh, and didn't Boise State have like a blue football field or something? Also cool.

That concludes my expert analysis.

Hall of Fame confirmed. 😁

Nah. I didn't want us to go RB so early, but I can't hate on the pick. Sounds like he'll compliment Cook well.

50 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

so they got matt asiata in the 3rd.

i think this was not a needed prospect at this price point.  would have liked a DL selection

i think they had 2 options at #81 (dropped to #88), and both were taken, nothing interested them so big the 3 extra trade downs. 

He’s way more athletic, elusive and slippery than Asiata. That’s not a fair comment. 

6 hours ago, Klomp said:

Maybe it's because of the number, but I got a bit of a Mark Ingram vibe from him. Now checking numbers, Ingram ran 4.62 with a 1.55 10-yard split too, so pretty comparable.

I recently saw someone comparing him to Toby Gerhart.

Mattison looks like he could be decent, but if we were going to add a RB in the 3rd I would’ve preferred to take a David Johnson player who has elite traits and will easily be a pro bowler...  😂

Edited by Kparty15