Star Wars episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Breesus mode

I'd like to see them snag Alfonso Cuaron

:x

He would be a freaking unreal choice. Children of Men remains a top 5 sci-fi movie to me. He seems to be very, very meticlious and picky with his work though (7 years between Children of Men and Gravity). He seems to have used Azkaban as a way into bigger budgets that he can hand pick himself. IDK if Star Wars would be on his mind, but I have no doubt he would be fantastic. Levels and levels above JJ Abrams and his sci-fy template style.

22 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Plus, they need to alter or change the approach of Kylo Ren find a way to make him more intimidating.  Dude is just not a good enough actor to pull off the menacing role. The end proved that.

See, I thought that was supposed to be part of his character. He's volatile, brash, and impetuous. He wants to be intimidating like Vader, but really he's far too immature to actually pull that off. He's rather insecure. It makes for an interesting character, in my opinion. If he's already this overwhelming, intimidating figure, he's pretty much just a boring Vader-style villain clone. That's what he wants; he shouldn't be there yet (assuming he even gets there at all).

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

:x

He would be a freaking unreal choice. Children of Men remains a top 5 sci-fi movie to me. He seems to be very, very meticlious and picky with his work though (7 years between Children of Men and Gravity). He seems to have used Azkaban as a way into bigger budgets that he can hand pick himself. IDK if Star Wars would be on his mind, but I have no doubt he would be fantastic. Levels and levels above JJ Abrams and his sci-fy template style.

Cuaron is finishing up on his next movie now, Roma.  It's in post production for a 2018 release and there is nothing on his schedule afterwards.  Back up the brinks truck and give him some creative control and Episode 9 could potentially be a sci-fi masterpiece.  I highly doubt it happens, as Disney wants to control the product too much, but that'd be a swing for the fences type of move I want them to make.

51 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

See, I thought that was supposed to be part of his character. He's volatile, brash, and impetuous. He wants to be intimidating like Vader, but really he's far too immature to actually pull that off. He's rather insecure. It makes for an interesting character, in my opinion. If he's already this overwhelming, intimidating figure, he's pretty much just a boring Vader-style villain clone. That's what he wants; he shouldn't be there yet (assuming he even gets there at all).

I'm assuming Snoke will end up being the real menacing figure of this trilogy, and that Kylo Ren is supposed to be as you just described, which is far more interesting than trying to be Vader redux.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm assuming Snoke will end up being the real menacing figure of this trilogy, and that Kylo Ren is supposed to be as you just described, which is far more interesting than trying to be Vader redux.

Yup. Snoke is obviously the Big Bad at this point. It remains to be seen if Ren's arc is supposed to be one of redemption or if it's a true decent into darkness. If I had to venture a guess, I'd go with the former.

I dont think they let him kill Han Solo in movie one and be redeemed by movie 3. If anything I think it will set up a 4th sequel that perhaps he comes back to the light in. 

For me this whole trilogy hinges on what they do for Reys parents. If they do something stupid like make her a reincarnation of someone or the force in human form or anything stupid like that its going to ruin it for me. I want to see her end up being the granddaughter of Obi Won or something like that. 

On 9/7/2017 at 0:33 PM, fretgod99 said:

Not unlike Vader himself was early on before he became Vader........

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I dont think they let him kill Han Solo in movie one and be redeemed by movie 3. If anything I think it will set up a 4th sequel that perhaps he comes back to the light in. 

Probably not, no. But it's also clear he still has a lot of growth left. Killing Han might have been that last step so to speak, but I expect his menace will grow through this movie and reach an apex in the third. If he starts out film 1 all intimidating like Vader was, there really is nowhere for him to go.

Archived