Star Wars episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Breesus mode

20 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

He's not the Emperor...

So much this. Palpatine got vaporized when he fell down that shaft, and if that didn't kill him the death star explosion sure as hell did. Snoke is a new character entirely.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/804183/Star-Wars-Emperor-Palpatine-Ian-McDiarmid-returning-Rebels

Though it is interesting the emperor recorded some lines for star wars within the past year...Though that's probably for rebels or just rumors. 

27 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Just a general SW question:

Is there any other way Palpatine creates his empire if Anakin doesn't join forces with him and becomes Darth Vader?

If anakin was destined to bring balance regardless of which side he was on, no. 

If not then yeah. There wasn't another big baddie because there didn't need to be one. For the sake of a story, another one would've been written in in Vader's stead 

Just now, Tyty said:

If anakin was destined to bring balance regardless of which side he was on, no. 

If not then yeah. There wasn't another big baddie because there didn't need to be one. For the sake of a story, another one would've been written in in Vader's stead 

Also if anakin doesn't want anything to do with Palpatine, Mace Windu would've executed him. 

13 hours ago, Tyty said:

Also if anakin doesn't want anything to do with Palpatine, Mace Windu would've executed him. 

Not to just play devil's advocate, but if Anakin wasn't close to Palpatine, Palpatine would never have let Dooku get beheaded.  I always felt that was a planned set-up

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

In Star Wars 9 news, a new director will be needed... 

They always got J.J if they can't find a director they love or they can just go back to Rian Johnson if the last jedi turns out to be as good as it should be. 

On 7/18/2017 at 3:09 PM, Breesus mode said:

Seriously? I thought Poe was awesome. Who talks first? You talk first, or I talk first?

Most of the characters were fine. But going back and hearing the dialogue. Some of it was almost worthy. I hope they don't give Finn anymore comedic roles in the next film. Or if they do it's completely different. Jj Abrams humor just did not go over well in episode 7. Not everyone is Chris pine. 

Plus, they need to alter or change the approach of Kylo Ren find a way to make him more intimidating.  Dude is just not a good enough actor to pull off the menacing role. The end proved that. 

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, I'm not too broken up about this.  I wasn't a big fan of Jurassic World.  Safety Not Guaranteed was solid, but nothing in his resume screams out as a must have for what should be a trilogy wrapping epic.

They should just give it to Tony Gilroy since he salvaged Rogue One.  

Archived