Titans select Nate Davis OG- Charlotte (3rd round)

KingTitan

59 minutes ago, capton_cutclass said:

Apparantly hes a tackle...but someone must have told him he would be playing guard in the NFL...could have been one of our guys. They say hes very athletic...he probably was the best pass blocker and best run blocker on his team...

Sounds like he played guard his first three years in college before they played him at tackle his senior year.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

His combine workout, for refreshers.  Really like how he looks in the mirror drill, but not so much in the runner drill before it.  Shows his limited mobility, but that's fine for a RG.

Footwork & hand placement needs work, but he has some power & nastiness to him. I can see him starting in a year or 2...

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I said this once I’m say it again by year 3 Nate Davis will be a top Guard in the NFL, he went from looking like he didn’t belong to flashing some serious dominance. I’m loving his development strength & conditioning program will be beneficial 

I don't think he's ever a top guard. I thought he was coming along and going to be a quality starter, but by the end of the season I began to think he was just not being a hindrance and being helped a ton by his situation. Pretty much what this guy said except he knows a lot more about playing OL than me.

I still think he's considered a starter by the coaching staff going forward, but an upgrade could be helpful. Just less of a need than without him.

I think he’s turning into what looks like a serviceable starter. I was annoyed that he was the pick, since Connor McGregor was still on the board and I thought he was a much better prospect.

But he seems like he’s going to be a good player, though I don’t know if I see anything special there.

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think he’s turning into what looks like a serviceable starter. I was annoyed that he was the pick, since Connor McGregor was still on the board and I thought he was a much better prospect.

But he seems like he’s going to be a good player, though I don’t know if I see anything special there.

Yeah we definitely could've used a hot head guy to knock out people randomly. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Yeah we definitely could've used a hot head guy to knock out people randomly. 

When was this?  His last college season, or did he get in a bar fight or something?

And for the record, his game tape is still really good, and I expect him to be solid when he sees the field, but Robinson knows what he's doing.  Maybe it was the right decision anyway.  I'd be happy to be wrong.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

When was this?  His last college season, or did he get in a bar fight or something?

And for the record, his game tape is still really good, and I expect him to be solid when he sees the field, but Robinson knows what he's doing.  Maybe it was the right decision anyway.  I'd be happy to be wrong.

You said Connor McGreggor in your initial post lol. Not McGovern.