2019 NFL draft day 3; Dorseys delight.

Kiwibrown

We have 5 picks left for the last day and some talent remains. 

Discuss. 

Hoping for a fs, c, tackle, dt and aston. 

Also kiwi is doing the hard yards creating the threads. I am the realfauxMOD not that fraudefauxMOD shuckster tayne 

Edited by Kiwibrown

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wonder if him and gardner-johnson have injury concerns.

No injury concerns at all... he's a slot exclusive DB caught in no man's land in terms of pro personnel execs projection of his down in and down out impact... t's hard to justify taking a Nickel CB before round 3, especially when teams prefer big-nickels that get other usage as starting SSs or the ability kick in as LB or kick out as a CB when not in nickel... he's not physical or instinctive enough to play SS... not long enough or proficient enough as a CB to play the boundary CB... doesn't naturally play the FS position at a high level... therefore, he's valued by teams as a Nickel CB. Amongst nickel CBs there were better one's such as David Long from Michigan. He was the first NCB to come off the board... My guess is he'll be next.one of the next nickel CB off the board.

Compare CGJ to Darnell Savage in teams' minds in terms of their impact and usage. Savage was thought to be a premier nickel player that would provide elite force impact at SS or a near-box FS spot. If not lined up in the slot, where is CGJ quality impact position? He doesn't really have one.

We shouldn't hope for him on our team. He doesn't fit imo. A good player in a particular limited role.

• Like 1

My Round By Round Player Wish List:

Round 4. -- Julian Love, CB Notre Dame // Hakeem Butler WR, Iowa St. // Amani Oruwariye, CB Penn State  

Round 5. -- Hjalte Froholdt, OG/OC Arkansas // Sheldrick Redwine, Nickel-SS Miami // Emeke Egbule, OLB Houston

Round 5. -- Tommy Sweeney, TE Boston College // Stanley Morgan Jr, WR Nebraska // Isaac Nauta, TE Georgia // Trevon Wesco, TE West Virginia

Round 6. -- Marcus Green, WR ULM // Chidi Okeke, OT TSU // LaDarius Wiley, SS Vanderbilt

-----

BPA Day 3 "Players I believe in" board:

2a.) Julian Love, CB Notre Dame

5.) Hakeem Butler, WR Iowa St.

7.) Amani Oruwariye, CB Penn State  

12.) Hjalte Froholdt, OG Arkansas

18.) Tommy Sweeney, TE Boston College - (120th-200th)                     

18. Marcus Green, WR ULM - (200th-250th)

22. Stanley Morgan Jr, WR Nebraska- (125th-175th),                                                                                            

23. Sheldrick Redwine, Nickel-SS Miami (100th-180th),

26. Emeke Egbule, OLB Houston - (120th-180th),

28. Isaac Nauta, TE Georgia  - (100th-200th),

31. Trevon Wesco, TE West Virginia (120th-200th),

32. Chidi Okeke, OT TSU

33. Mitch Hyatt, LT Clemson (Hated '17; Love '18)- (90th-120th),                               

34. Mark Fields, Nickel-CB Clemson (120th-220th),

35. LaDarius Wiley, SS Vanderbilt - (120th -150th),

36. Tyre Brady, Big Slot-WR Marshall - (150th-200th),

37. Travis Fulgham, WR ODU - (180th-220th),

39. Yosuah Nijma, OT VaTech - (200th-UDFA),

40. Justice Hill, RB Oklahoma State - (90th-120th),

41. Kenny Young, OW Miami (OH) (200th-UDFA),

42. Dexter Williams, RB Notre Dame - (90th-120th),

42b. Devine Ozigbo, RB Nebraska- (95th-140th),

43. AJ Dillon, RB Boston College (100th-160th),

45. Tyree Jackson, TE-Convert Buffalo (120th-200th),

46. Tyler Jones, OC-Convert NC State (200th-UDFA)

@Mind Character I like your list and Love/Butler would be at or near the top of my round 4 wish list. My big question is whether the FO is true to their talk of BPA or if they are targeting a specific few guys at positions they perceive to be needs. Ex:  A young body up front on the OL/DL. I really hope they stick to their boards. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Discuss. 

Also kiwi is doing the hard yards creating the threads. I am the realfauxMOD not that fraudefauxMOD shuckster tayne

One week ban for internal rhyming.

One week ban for third person.

Two week ban credit for calling Tayne "the shuckster" ('cause he's humble and blushes when you all praise him).

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I don't know why he hasn't been picked yet, and I don't care that we don't have a strong need at his position. I want Hakeem Butler so dang bad.

Yup.  He might be the best receiver in the draft and is huge.  We might line him up like a tight end at times to create mismatches as well.  That said, he probably goes before we pick.

10/10 would draft.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Discuss. 

An additional 1 week ban for bringing incorrect information to the boards................

We now have 4 picks left for today. The highest of our previous (3) fifth round picks was packaged with #49 and sent to the Colts for #46 - which became Greedy Williams. All good man.

Now we HAVE to trade Duke - Greedy needs the jersey number.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wonder if him and gardner-johnson have injury concerns.

From what I've read, Gardner-Johnson didn't interview very well with teams, really turned them off

As for Hakeem Butler, he has big time drop problems and doesn't know how to run routes, he's a project teams didn't want to take on early

• Like 1