2019 NFL draft day 3; Dorseys delight.

Kiwibrown

I know butler has a drop issue but I don’t know about big time. If he was a body catch and had drop issues. That be a huge red flag. Even with the drops he was one of the best big play WRs in the nation. He would be a great guy to pair up route combos with our WRs. Because of his size and ability to take the top off. 

Players I really like today 

Hakeem Butler 

Mack Wilson

Michael Jordan

Julian Love

Rodney Anderson

Mike Weber

Marvell Tell

Shareef Miller

Tevon Miller

Isaac Nauta 

12 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

As for Hakeem Butler, he has big time drop problems and doesn't know how to run routes, he's a project teams didn't want to take on early

WeLCome BaCk bTW!

As far as Butler, he has some issues, sure, but if he’s there when we pick it’s crazy to pass on him imo.

He can come here and be brought along SLOWLY as the 5th receiver and be used sparing as a red zone target.  Next year he bumps to the 4th WR spot when Hollywood leaves.

I realize our need at WR is nonexistent, but it’s a day 3 pick and the talent more than warrants the pick.

I think at this point in the draft you take your shots on upside. I think Butler possesses elite upside especially as a red zone target.  He's also really hard to bring down in the open field. Route running can be taught, his physical presence is a gift that cant be taught

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I thought we had 5

4th x2 5ths, 6th, 7th

Boy am I a horse's you know what...............

I owe you an apology..... We start the draft with 8 picks - we pick 2 players and trade a pick......

Uhh - 8 minus 3 equals 5.

I must have doubled down on my stupid pills today. Sometimes the concept of simple math escapes me.

All good man

Edited by brooks1957

6 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I hope we don’t move Duke.....he’s still a valuable piece to the team

In general I agree he’s valuable, but if he doesn’t want to be here that kind of changes things a bit.

I think it’s a move you don’t necessarily want to make, but eventually do.  I think it’s just about finding value for him.

If top value via draft picks is our goal, now is probably not the time to trade him.  Between the end of the season through now, picks are overvalued (see; Rosen, Josh).  Once teams get into the summer, maybe an injury happens, jobs are on the line, options are limited, etc., teams place less emphasis on picks and more on players who can help them win, and potentially keep them employed.

Im not saying he doesn’t get moved, he very well may, but if Dorsey doesn’t like the value proposition right now or the players available, perhaps he waits a couple months.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Seattle is going to suck next year. Losing Baldwin will hurt them and DK will probably be suspended once he tests positive for Hulk steroids.

49ers and Rams will be better than them.

Collier is a good fit for them imo and DK is a monster.  They’re had a good weekend.

Plus they get the Cardinals twice, so that helps.

34 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I hope we don’t move Duke.....he’s still a valuable piece to the team

True he will be valuable for at least 8weeks tho. Where if we trade him, potentially a player who is valuable for at least 16weeks

again last year after Chubb took over and Freddie he wasn’t used all that much. I think he had like 50 yards or so more in the 2nd half of the season compared to the 1st half. 

I like duke but once Hunt comes back he will see a lot less carries and he has never been committed to being a full time WR. 

Better value to trade him cause they can get a guy who can make an impact for all 16games on STs or another way 

7 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I don't know why he hasn't been picked yet, and I don't care that we don't have a strong need at his position. I want Hakeem Butler so dang bad.

Yep.  I’m really surprised he hasn’t been picked. We also got greedy in the second round? Strange draft so far. 

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I expect to see us get an OL with one of the next couple picks. A rookie DL seems likely, a safety, a TE, a skill guy. Whatever. Gimme the best players on the board wherever they play.

I’m really wanting Tytus Howard.