2019 NFL draft day 3; Dorseys delight.

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

The interesting question discussed weeks ago is would you trade our 2nd round pick (Greedy Williams) and given the outcome of the trade up in the draft also our 5th round picks as part of the Odell Beckham/Olivier Vernon Trade instead of including Jabrill Peppers?

For me, CB is easily more of an impact position than SS a good CB is worth as much as good-plus SS.  I'd rather have traded the 2nd and 5th and given up the rights to Greedy Williams instead of including Peppers because a close study of his play last year had me believing he's going to be that good and dynamic of an impact player.

Jabrill Peppers still on the team and acquiring Julian Love in the 4th round instead of Redwine would've been a more desirable alternative than the Greedy Williams and Sheldrick Redwine combo (and I say all that as a person that declared Sheldrick to be one of my favorite FS with SS versatility in the draft).

I think your finding is inconclusive at this point. If Greedy is a man-to-man shutdown guy, those guys are hard to find. Mind you, I wasn’t a big fan of Williams coming out, at least as a 1st round guy. If he’s JAG, then those corners are easy to find, and you miss your box safety quite a bit. There are also moving pieces here, dependent on our development at the position in his absence and how Peppers continues to progress. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 5:32 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Yes he was. Red Red Wine, as I call him, was just always Johnny on the spot. Even though he isn't overly fluid in coverage he never got burned deep and was always seemingly right in position to capitalize on INT's. He made so many splash plays for the Hurricanes over the last two seasons and was one of the reasons that defense was so darn good. That being said, I think he was probably the 6th or 7th best defensive prospect on that unit. That's not a slight at him, but he played with some absolute studs at Miami (on defense).

I think Jaquan Johnson is better, albeit way more limited athletically. Regardless, there's no reason he can't become a great starter for us as his ceiling is very high and his floor is pretty darn high as well. The dude has produced in every game he played in and shined bright in big moments. He really was kind of the forgotten man given that the defense had Joe Jackson, RJ McIntosh, Kendrick Norton, Gerald Willis, Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney, Michael Jackson, and Jaquan Johnson on it in recent years. But I'd argue nobody made more splash plays than Redwine. Whenever a team was killing us on the ground or through the air, it seemed like Redwine would force a fumble or pick off a pass to stall it. I love him as a pure football player and can't wait to see what he does for us.

So hes Tashaun Gipson? Ive never seen a DB that would have more random overthrows or tipped balls fall right into their hands because they standing in the middle of nowhere 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I think your finding is inconclusive at this point. If Greedy is a man-to-man shutdown guy, those guys are hard to find. Mind you, I wasn’t a big fan of Williams coming out, at least as a 1st round guy. If he’s JAG, then those corners are easy to find, and you miss your box safety quite a bit. There are also moving pieces here, dependent on our development at the position in his absence and how Peppers continues to progress. 

Greedd Williams + Young Sheldrick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dr. Jabrill + Julian Love (solid but no nickname available), can conclusively confirm.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

So hes Tashaun Gipson? Ive never seen a DB that would have more random overthrows or tipped balls fall right into their hands because they standing in the middle of nowhere 

Kinda, but he’s actually great in the run game and is a stellar athlete, two things Tashaun Gipson never was. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Greedd Williams + Young Sheldrick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dr. Jabrill + Julian Love (solid but no nickname available), can conclusively confirm.

I don’t know about >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, but I agree that Greedy and Sheldrick are better than Peppers. It’s close though, as I am one of Jabrill’s only supporters on here. 

58 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t know about >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, but I agree that Greedy and Sheldrick are better than Peppers. It’s close though, as I am one of Jabrill’s only supporters on here. 

I liked him I can see him becoming a pro bowl ss

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Tempted to @_23neverleft and @CanesFootball.

Edited by NudeTayne
Judas