Preseason Game 4: Detroit @ Buffalo

Louis Friend

This is the last chance to look at some of the roster bubble guys and to flesh out some competitions.

I've heard rumors that Stafford won't play at all. Would love to see Kaaya get at least 2 full quarters to play and earn that 3rd QB spot on the 53-man roster. 

I'm also interested in the return game. IMO, no one has stood out and earn those return responsibilities as of yet.

This is my projected 53-man roster going into the last preseason game:

•  

Offense: 24

QB: (2) Matthew Stafford, Jake Rudock, Brad Kaaya

RB:  (4) Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick, Zach Zenner, Dwayne Washington

WR: (6) Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Kenny Golladay, Jared Abbrederis, T.J. Jones, Jace Billingsley

TE: (3) Eric Ebron, Darren Fells, Michael Roberts

OL: (8) Greg Robinson, Graham Glasgow, Travis Swanson, TJ Lang, Rick Wagner, Storm Norton, Joe Dahl, Cornelius Lucas

Defense: 26

DE: (5) Ezekiel Ansah, Anthony Zettel, Cornelius Washington, Alex Barrett, Jeremiah Valoaga

DT: (4) Haloti Ngata, A'Shawn Robinson, Akeem Spence, Jeremiah Ledbetter

LB: (5) Jarrad Davis, Tahir Whitehead, Paul Worrilow, Antwione Williams, Jalen Reeves-Maybin

CB: (7) Darius Slay, Nevin Lawson, Quandre Diggs, DJ Hayden, Teez Tabor, Jamal Agnew, Johnson Bademosi

S: (5) Glover Quin, Tavon Wilson, Miles Killebrew, Don Carey, Alex Carter

Special Teams: 3

K: (1) Matt Prater

P: (1) Sam Martin

LS: (1) Don Muhlbach

PUP/IR: (6) Taylor Decker, Kerry Hyder, Jordan Hill, Corey Robinson, Brandon Copeland, Cole Wick

Suspended: (2) Armonty Bryant, Khyri Thornton

Practice Squad: (10) WR Dontez Ford, DL Pat O'Connor, RB Tion Green, CB Charles Washington, DB Josh Thornton, C Leo Koloamatangi, TE Robert Tonyan Jr, WR Dez Stewart, DL Derek Lott, LB Steve Longa

Sorry @TL-TwoWinsAway but not much to say about this one. None of our starters played. 2nd string played first half, 3rd string payed second half. I was looking at individual competitions in this one. Return game- No one stood out. It was evenly split between Abbrederis and Billingsley and neither stood out, both fumbled once, although they ruled Billingsleys was caused by the ground. I was hoping one of Valoaga or Barrett would stand out, but Valoaga didn't do much and Barrett stood out for not being able to line up correctly. Called for offsides two or three times. Derek Lott, DL we just added to roster recently and not expected to make the team, was the only DL who stood out positively to me. He has athleticism and played very well. Storm Norton did not look good out there. There was one tackle he got called for that was a good clean hit. But overall, He was missing assignments, getting beat around the edge and just showed poor technique the times I focused in on him. Rudock and Kaaya were late on alot of throws. Both of their timing was off. Tion Green had one great run at the end of the game for a 74 yd TD. I think he'll go to our practice squad. Matt Asiata didn't do anything to warrant a roster spot IMO. 

I went into the game just hoping that some roster bubble guy would shine, ala Zach Zenner. Instead, everyone just seemed to be off this game. The only guy who really stood out to me was Derek Lott and I'm not sure he's even in consideration for a roster spot. I definitely think he'll make our practice squad and could be called up during the season. 

Archived