Sign in to follow this  
ttitansfan4life

Day 3 Draft Talk

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I really do like Hooker as a prospect though. Had him with a early 3rd round grade. Hope this isn’t protection for Byard though 😮

More protection for vacorro he's on a 3yr deal injury prone & I think only the 1st year is guaranteed 

What’s up with the fall of Mack Wilson? Wasn’t he getting 1st round talk at one point 

Oh & keep in mind Logan Ryan is in a contract year & is primarily our slot CB hooker can fill that void. 

24 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

More protection for vacorro he's on a 3yr deal injury prone & I think only the 1st year is guaranteed 

Then what was the Cruikshank pick for in the same round who I believe we also traded up for. Both Hooker and Cruikshank are supposedly good athletes with versatility who have played some nickel in college. It’s a BPA approach at this point it seems. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Then what was the Cruikshank pick for in the same round who I believe we also traded up for. Both Hooker and Cruikshank are supposedly good athletes with versatility who have played some nickel in college. It’s a BPA approach at this point it seems. 

Cruikshank was drafted more on upside than production, for the simple fact he ran 4.41 long arms & combine #’s were through the roof.. Cruikshank supposedly can play CB/S but hey maybe he’s not developing instinctively like the Titans hoped 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Cruikshank was drafted more on upside than production, for the simple fact he ran 4.41 long arms & combine #’s were through the roof.. Cruikshank supposedly can play CB/S but hey maybe he’s not developing instinctively like the Titans hoped 

The opposite has been reported though. 

Hooker is a solid pick. He’s an Iowa DB and those guys are good players. He’s got good size, versatility, and actually has good athleticism. He may be able to match up with bigger slots and TEs but I wouldn’t want to see him in man against a smaller slot receiver. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The opposite has been reported though. 

Interesting I’ve never heard the Titans talk him up though 🤷🏽‍♂️ Let em compete it out then 

The way I see it any time we can add another good piece to our secondary it's a good thing.  Just adds more versatility to the group as a whole. Plus he can return kicks.  

You hope you find starters with every pick, bit these day 3 picks are the ones you typically round out your roster and depth with. He is also more of an in the box safety, so he's not insurance for Byard.

Cruickshank is Byard's backup and Hooker is now Vaccaro's. Backup safeties also typically play significant and multiple roles on STs... So it's a move to solidify those units as well. Trawick is gone so he fills that role for sure. 

Walker is a great pick. Wanted him in the 4th so to get him here is money! This draft has been really solid. Wish we could've traded down to get a few more picks in this draft, but the players we've selected have all been very talented. Great job, JRob.

I want Trayveon Williams. I’m honestly shocked Kelvin Harmon is still available