Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ttitansfan4life

Day 3 Draft Talk

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

You hope you find starters with every pick, bit these day 3 picks are the ones you typically round out your roster and depth with. He is also more of an in the box safety, so he's not insurance for Byard.

Cruickshank is Byard's backup and Hooker is now Vaccaro's. Backup safeties also typically play significant and multiple roles on STs... So it's a move to solidify those units as well. Trawick is gone so he fills that role for sure. 

Agreed.  I thought Hooker was an odd pick, but if he's significantly higher on the BB than other available players, I get it.  Get better quality depth instead of reaching for a pass rusher.

I was a little ticked by the lack of a pass rusher until late, but the value for Walker is good, and the edge rush should be better than last year just with the addition of Wake.

Long is an OK pick, I guess.  We will need an additional linebacker for depth when Woodyard leaves, so that makes sense.  Would have preferred several other players, but it's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"Personally, I would rather have David Long over Devin Bush for a round or two discount. They have about the same size but Long is more productive and maybe less prone to injury." -- NFC executive

From his NFL profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Damn good draft

This is the best draft JRob has done so far IMO.   I would have taken Sweat over Simmons, but Simmons will be a great player.  AJ Brown was one of the biggest steals of the draft.  Nate Davis is a quality player who should be a plug and play guard, Amani Hooker is a good depth piece, and Walker will contribute to a position of big need.  It's an easy A.

I'm surprised the Bills aren't on that list.  Landing Oliver and Ford automatically puts them in the running.  Knox and Singletary should be helpful too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This is the best draft JRob has done so far IMO.   I would have taken Sweat over Simmons, but Simmons will be a great player.  AJ Brown was one of the biggest steals of the draft.  Nate Davis is a quality player who should be a plug and play guard, Amani Hooker is a good depth piece, and Walker will contribute to a position of big need.  It's an easy A.

I'm surprised the Bills aren't on that list.  Landing Oliver and Ford automatically puts them in the running.  Knox and Singletary should be helpful too.

I agree - I love this draft. Also love what the Bills have done. 

Only point of disagreement is idk if Davis is plug and play. Looks pretty raw to me, but definitely has potential with improved technique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Davis is the only pick I'm unsure of. I probably would've taken McGovern from Penn State or Samia from Oklahoma before him, but that's honestly only because he played at Charlotte and I've never really seen him play. I definitely don't hate the pick, because we needed a Guard, and I'm going to trust Jon. I just get a little nervous when it comes to drafting small school guys in early rounds and expecting them to contribute early.   

Edited by SerenityNow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see the player at the time, but I do remember how pissed I was watching Charlotte's OLine manhandle Tennessee's defense in that game this year.

I would've preferred McGovern as well, but I don't think the difference between them is that big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember back in the day the draft always made me nervous. Jrob has pretty much proved hes got a great grasp of things. Has his HC now so the vision is clear. Not afraid to make moves. Only one BUST in dodd. 

 

I think its safe to assume we will be having top draft classes from now on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

I agree - I love this draft. Also love what the Bills have done. 

Only point of disagreement is idk if Davis is plug and play. Looks pretty raw to me, but definitely has potential with improved technique. 

yeah I was thinking the same thing about Davis. I don't see Pamphile letting a rookie come in and take his job. Pamphile is a 5 year NFL vet and was played pretty well before he got hurt last year. Would not be surprised if Davis won the job but I think Pamphile and his experience win out initially. Same with Brown also.  I LOVE the pick but I dont know if he will be that reliable right out of the gate. Again, would not surprise me if he is, but I would hope that Taywan and his 3 years as an NFL WR and experience with this team and qb would allow him to start at first. This should light a fire under him. Brown is Taylor or Sharpe's replacement.

Edited by Airness McNairness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

yeah I was thinking the same thing about Davis. I don't see Pamphile letting a rookie come in and take his job. Pamphile is a 5 year NFL vet and was played pretty well before he got hurt last year. Would not be surprised if Davis won the job but I think Pamphile and his experience win out initially. Same with Brown also.  I LOVE the pick but I dont know if he will be that reliable right out of the gate. Again, would not surprise me if he is, but I would hope that Taywan and his 3 years as an NFL WR and experience with this team and qb would allow him to start at first. This should light a fire under him. Brown is Taylor or Sharpe's replacement.

Well, the vets are going to start with the workload, but even with flashes, neither Taylor nor Sharpe have shown that they're any more than rotational talents.  Brown is as NFL ready as any receiver in the class, and he does everything well.  It's hard for me to imagine him not getting a significant workload right off the bat.  Especially if he does well in the preseason.

As for Davis, Pamphile probably will hold him off for a bit.  But I'd be surprised if he's not in the mix for RG right away.

I'm warming up to the Hooker pick more and more too.  If our edge rush is gonna be our big weakness, really good to have DB depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×