GURLEY?!?!?

BillSabre

I'd definitely keep Kamara over him if you have to choose.

But anyone who can draft Gurley in the 2nd round should jump on it immediately.

I was begging McVay to basically treat Gurley and Malcolm as a 50/50 split and he wouldn't do it. More incentive to this year, I know - but I thought it was an easy choice last year, and apparently Gurley hurt his knee in week one - and was still used like he was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its almost a month later since the last comment on this. Has anyone wavered on their feelings toward Gurley? 

Tbh I’m terrified I’ll have to make a decision on when to draft him if he’s available in the middle of round 1. 

I am still terrified of him.. if it was just him and brown/Henderson then I would be fine but he has to deal with those two together.

I have an owner in my home league who is debating on Gurley or Mike Thomas. I told him I'd keep Thomas over Gurley at the moment.

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I am still terrified of him.. if it was just him and brown/Henderson then I would be fine but he has to deal with those two together.

I have an owner in my home league who is debating on Gurley or Mike Thomas. I told him I'd keep Thomas over Gurley at the moment.

Yea I sounded so sure of myself earlier but once I started doing mocks, I found myself praying he was taken before my spot. Now with a trade up I might have to make a serious call if I can afford that much risk in round 1

My issue for Gurley isn't just that I think he's going to get a reduced touch role because even in that role he'll be a fringe RB1 anyway.  Just as a goal line back he'll probably easily get 12+ TD's and over 1k yards from scrimmage.  The issue is if he sits full games because of the knee or is one of those weekly GTD's which is super frustrating.

I think if you can get him end of round 2 early round 3 that is the window where he could be a steal but he's super risky even there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

My issue for Gurley isn't just that I think he's going to get a reduced touch role because even in that role he'll be a fringe RB1 anyway.  Just as a goal line back he'll probably easily get 12+ TD's and over 1k yards from scrimmage.  The issue is if he sits full games because of the knee or is one of those weekly GTD's which is super frustrating.

I think if you can get him end of round 2 early round 3 that is the window where he could be a steal but he's super risky even there.

To me if thats where Cook and Fournette are going then I absolutely take him there

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

To me if thats where Cook and Fournette are going then I absolutely take him there

+1.  

The ADP trio of Cook, D-Will, and Gordon are right after Gurley's ADP.  I'd probably take D-Will (upside) and Gordon (workhorse) assuming his contract gets sorted out over Gurley.  Then you get into the Cook, Henry, Mack, Fournette, Jones grouping.

I would take Gurley over all of them then

Jones (I think he gets unleashed this year finally so he leap frogs all the others IMO)
Cook 
Mack
Henry
Fournette 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

+1.  

The ADP trio of Cook, D-Will, and Gordon are right after Gurley's ADP.  I'd probably take D-Will (upside) and Gordon (workhorse) assuming his contract gets sorted out over Gurley.  Then you get into the Cook, Henry, Mack, Fournette, Jones grouping.

I would take Gurley over all of them then

Jones (I think he gets unleashed this year finally so he leap frogs all the others IMO)
Cook 
Mack
Henry
Fournette 

You’re taking Williams round 1?

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You’re taking Williams round 1?

No not round 1.  Round 2 over Gurley I would though.

Going off .5 ppr.  Gurley is #15 Williams is #19 ADP

I'd be ok with Williams over Gurley in round 2.  

Round 1 is reserved for the top 7 RB's up to Bell/Connor and the top 4 WR's (Hop, Julio, Adams, Thomas).  If I got 12th pick and those 11 were gone I'd go Hill or OBJ)  

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 9:32 AM, Rockice_8 said:

If that's your main concern, just handcuff him.

Malcolm Brown is probably a starting caliber RB - people just don't know it because of how heavily McVay has used Gurley over the past two seasons, which is really my only gripe with McVay.

I'm contemplating trying to lock up the Rams running game because I think it'll be a top 5 RB in fantasy - but I'm concerned that McVay will do what I want him to do, which is give Gurley a 50/50 split with Malcolm and Henderson.

• Like 1