Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok guys, I know it’s early but I have this thought that I need some opinions on. 

I have to decide on my keeper and normally  having Gurley, I wouldn’t even be giving this a thought. I do however have some concerns about his health and the usage he may have moving forward after seeing what Anderson accomplished sharing the load.  I also have Kamara, who as we all know, won’t be splitting with Ingram anymore.   

 Should I be contemplating this at all or is this a no brainer? 

League is PPR and no matter who I keep, it will cost me my first round pick. 

Thanks in advance to all who may chime in here, it’s appreciated. Good luck to all in the upcoming fantasy season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same question here, should I keep Gurley or maybe Chubb? Its also a 2QB league and I'd like to keep Luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tab said:

Same question here, should I keep Gurley or maybe Chubb? Its also a 2QB league and I'd like to keep Luck

So you can only keep one player? The problem with Chubb is he'll probably get maybe 10 weeks worth of being the guy. Once Hunt gets back, it will be a mess. I'd probably keep Gurley in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't keep either for a first round pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS my comment was on Gurley and Chubb, not Kamara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because you have Kamara, I'd actually recommend keeping Gurley over Chubb.  I wouldn't be shy about shopping Gurley if he gets off to a hot start - particularly if you manager to hit on a RB later on in your draft that may have some question marks but manages to answer those questions early (like a Phillip Lindsay, for instance).

Gurley should still provide consistent TD's.  If he loses in counting stats, it's more likely to be in yards and catches than it is TD production.  If/where he loses touches it will be between the 20's, he'll be the primary red zone option so long as he's good to go.

Don't forget that Chubb has some real question marks himself regarding consistent usage after Hunt serves out his suspension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Gurley gets 75% of the production that he gave last year he would finish as RB7 or something like that. I’d keep Kamara but Gurley will still have valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 1:37 AM, MightyMouse07 said:

If Gurley gets 75% of the production that he gave last year he would finish as RB7 or something like that. I’d keep Kamara but Gurley will still have valuable.

This!

everybody is running fro Gurley like he is just going to be completely useless. If I am at the turn, I am taking ALL THE GURLEY and winning ALL THE TITLES 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 2:54 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

This!

everybody is running fro Gurley like he is just going to be completely useless. If I am at the turn, I am taking ALL THE GURLEY and winning ALL THE TITLES 

Another thing I thought about: is Henderson/Brown even as good as C.J Anderson? I mean what if these two can't carry their load and LAR are forced into a spot to just feed Gurley??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

This!

everybody is running fro Gurley like he is just going to be completely useless. If I am at the turn, I am taking ALL THE GURLEY and winning ALL THE TITLES 

Too much risk for me to take at the turn. Im sure he will have some good weeks that make you think he is back, but he will also have some weeks where he gets 10-12 touches. Even if he is 100% healthy, the rams will probably limit his workload throughout the season considering they think they are SB contenders. I don't want to draft a guy with a workload under 40% in the first three rounds. Give me any of the top WRs over Gurley all day. Id rather double up on Julio and Odell than take Gurley. 

Gurley benefited from high usage rate on a dynamic offense that got him the ball in space. I just dont think he will get the touches to make him worth it in that spot. 

In the first few rounds, I just want horses I know I can play every week and not think about the matchups. I swing for the fences in later rounds. 

 

10 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Another thing I thought about: is Henderson/Brown even as good as C.J Anderson? I mean what if these two can't carry their load and LAR are forced into a spot to just feed Gurley??

they are considerably better. CJ Anderson is horrible. The Rams OL is one of the best in the game and they played some bad teams late in the year that made everyone think he was better than he is. He is slow and will not make their roster. They may even keep 4 RBs and he still wont be on their roster next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, N4L said:

Too much risk for me to take at the turn. Im sure he will have some good weeks that make you think he is back, but he will also have some weeks where he gets 10-12 touches. Even if he is 100% healthy, the rams will probably limit his workload throughout the season considering they think they are SB contenders. I don't want to draft a guy with a workload under 40% in the first three rounds. Give me any of the top WRs over Gurley all day. Id rather double up on Julio and Odell than take Gurley. 

Gurley benefited from high usage rate on a dynamic offense that got him the ball in space. I just dont think he will get the touches to make him worth it in that spot. 

In the first few rounds, I just want horses I know I can play every week and not think about the matchups. I swing for the fences in later rounds. 

 

they are considerably better. CJ Anderson is horrible. The Rams OL is one of the best in the game and they played some bad teams late in the year that made everyone think he was better than he is. He is slow and will not make their roster. They may even keep 4 RBs and he still wont be on their roster next year. 

Under 40%? You are nuts if you think they are going to use him that little. He is still going to get plenty of work. They are paying him entirely too much to not use him. People are just overreacting like crazy. His shelf life isn’t long, but short term, he is going to win people titles because everybody is panicking and letting him drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Under 40%? You are nuts if you think they are going to use him that little. He is still going to get plenty of work. They are paying him entirely too much to not use him. People are just overreacting like crazy. His shelf life isn’t long, but short term, he is going to win people titles because everybody is panicking and letting him drop. 

Even if he is healthy, they are going to limit his touches/snaps to save him for later in the year. They expect to be a playoff team, so they aren't going to give him a lot of touches early in the year. Maybe later in the season they will start to give him more touches when they are fighting for a playoff spot, which would line up with the fantasy football playoffs, so there could be some value to be had late in the season. 

I think the fact they gave him so much money will mean they are MORE careful with him, not less. They need to ensure that he is healthy throughout the life of the contract. 

But again, there is too much risk for me to take him at the turn of rounds 1 and 2. There is too much unknown about his health and how they intend to split carries. 

They are going to handle him like the Raptors handled Kawhi Leonard. Extra precautionary early to save him for the push later in the year. If I like what I see from him, I can always trade for him. The days of being a fantasy workhorse are done imo. If you draft him for that, you will be disappointed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, N4L said:

Even if he is healthy, they are going to limit his touches/snaps to save him for later in the year. They expect to be a playoff team, so they aren't going to give him a lot of touches early in the year. Maybe later in the season they will start to give him more touches when they are fighting for a playoff spot, which would line up with the fantasy football playoffs, so there could be some value to be had late in the season. 

I think the fact they gave him so much money will mean they are MORE careful with him, not less. They need to ensure that he is healthy throughout the life of the contract. 

But again, there is too much risk for me to take him at the turn of rounds 1 and 2. There is too much unknown about his health and how they intend to split carries. 

They are going to handle him like the Raptors handled Kawhi Leonard. Extra precautionary early to save him for the push later in the year. If I like what I see from him, I can always trade for him. The days of being a fantasy workhorse are done imo. If you draft him for that, you will be disappointed

I forget where, I saw this stat but. If Todd Gurley gets 70% of the work he got last year he would have been the RB 7. 50%... he’s still an RB 1.

Your telling me you wouldn’t take a pretty certain RB 1 with a realist shot at the overall best RB for fantasy if all goes well at the turn? Ok, you can pass on him. I’ll take him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×