2019 NFL Draft Day 3 Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

packfanfb

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Can somebody help me? How is Keke any different from Looney? What did we gain?

Looney was a late round pick.  Not saying Keke will be more or less of a player, but adding competition and you see which 1 develops.  You hope 1 of them steps up and starts to take snaps off Daniels and allows the option to move on from Daniels after 2019.  

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lafleur doesn't utilize one.

And what is LaFleur going to do if Allison or Adams has a hamstring or calf injury and are out any period of time?

Brian has gone off the reserve. He gets a TE and C when the real needs are depth on CB and WR (historically injury prone positions for Packers).

Then he trades away 3 picks to move up to pick a S that isn’t even the best 1 or 2 top safety in the draft.

Smart move Brian smart move.

Just now, PackGymRat said:

And what is LaFleur going to do if Allison or Adams has a hamstring or calf injury and are out any period of time?

Brian has gone off the reserve. He gets a TE and C when the real needs are depth on CB and WR (historically injury prone positions for Packers).

There will be an awful lot of pressure on an unproven J'Mon Moore to jump up the depth chart. 

1 minute ago, PackGymRat said:

Is that blue smoke coming out of your xbox ?

I find the "well what if one of our best players gets hurt?" hypothetical to always be funny. Well if Adams gets hurt, we won't be as good of a football team. Let's hope he doesn't. I'm sure had we drafted that WR there in the 5th instead he would've stepped in and saved our season for Adams though.

I agree with your observation about depth, especially at CB. My guess is there is one more post-draft FA acquisition happening. Probably a CB who is released later. Either that, or Gute thinks Will Redmond is going to be solid.

3 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Then he trades away 2 3rd RD picks to move up to pick a S that isn’t even the best 1 or 2 top safety in the draft.

you forgot to call Brian's wife ugly in this rant

start over

Perhaps this will change.....there's some low draft picks still to be made....but one thing I like so far is there's been no: "Our Scouting Department's the smartest in all the land cause we've found this guy in PoDunk Regional College thats gonna make it in the NFL"

So far - top football programs.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I find the "well what if one of our best players gets hurt?" hypothetical to always be funny. Well if Adams gets hurt, we won't be as good of a football team. Let's hope he doesn't. I'm sure had we drafted that WR there in the 5th instead he would've stepped in and saved our season for Adams though.

I am sure that C is going to save your season after you gave Billy Boy 9 Million dollars signing bonus.

So adding depth to OL is smart move but adding depth to WR is not?

I'm betting our next picks, in no particular order will be RB/CB, ILB and FB. We should definitely get some special team contributors in those position groups.

I think Fackrell and Donnerson will be our situational speed rushers. I don't think there's room for Gilbert on the roster as he's neither big enough like the Smiths or fast enough like Fackrell. He doesn't fit what Pettine wants and Gilbert was part of TT's group of players that Gute is slowing purging away.

Archived