2019 NFL Draft Day 3 Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

packfanfb

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

The 2020 Draft is in Vegas

For those of you who've never been to the draft, I'd highly recommend it. I went when it was in Chicago and it was a bunch of fun.

The only downside is that it's sorta hard to follow coverage without a laptop to look up who you want.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

NFL is going to use the draft as a reward for teams that invest in infrastructure, particularly when it's venues which will not ever host the Super Bowl (like Chicago).  So Green Bay is in line sooner or later.

I don't see it.  How would the GB city infrastructure support the influx of tourists we're seeing in Nashville?  I'm also not sure how appealing GB would be as a destination for fans coming in from across the country.  As a general rule, I think GB fans tend to over estimate the "hallowed grounds of Lambeau field" aspect of GB for most NFL fans.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I don't see it.  How would the GB city infrastructure support the influx of tourists we're seeing in Nashville?  I'm also not sure how appealing GB would be as a destination for fans coming in from across the country.  As a general rule, I think GB fans tend to over estimate the "hallowed grounds of Lambeau field" aspect of GB for most NFL fans.

Agree.

It takes a complex infrastructure to accommodate this type of function.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I kinda prefer the draft at home with the tv/computer combo.  So I don't feel bad or self conscious about how weird a hobby this is.

Yeah. I really enjoyed going to the first round, since I knew all the prospects. For the later rounds, I prefer the tv/laptop combo at home.

31 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

We drafted a C who can also play G. Will he even start?

AR’s injuries are more on AR than his OL . His collarbone was on a rollout, his calf injuries weren’t OL fault, and his knee injury was against a stout DL.

Less opportunities where WRs getting open = AR holding ball longer = more pressure on OL = more sacks 

The offense truly is missing a Jordy Nelson type player who can break route in times of need and be in sync with AR.

Packers offense had trouble sustaining drives last year and it wasn’t because the OL was god awful.

So now the D can get stops and get the ball right back. Check your defensive stats. The last time the GBP’s won superbowls they had elite defences. You want to win follow what Gute just did. This D can be good really good. 

7 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Someone call 911 we got a man on a ledge. Gute is fine. Depth players you’re asking for should be taken later in the draft not early. Wow take another Wr or dB in 1 or 2. Talk about silly. We have a starting FS and a starting LG and a high end LB toy and a catch TE. Your analysis is way off. Sorry. 

You are grasping at straws and making assumptions. I never said take a WR or DB in 1 or 2 so don’t put words in my mouth.

Rounds 3-5 were prime rounds to get a WR, CB, S, and TE. Instead we got a C, TE, and S.

That is what I am disagreeing with.

Archived