Best/Worst Drafts From Day 2

HBL052086

Best:

- IND: Really like what the Colts did on Day 2, nabbing Rock Ya-Sin at #34 in what was an area of need, and then coming back and getting a WR in Parris Campbell. Kudos to IND for addressing big areas of need with players who were surprisingly still on the board when they picked.

- DEN: Liked Day 2 for the Broncos in that they still got Drew Lock in Round 2 and didn't reach for him on Day 1. The Dalton Risner pick was one of my favorite picks of Round 2, as he is a solid interior lineman, and DEN needed help there.

- BUF: Actually liked what the Bills did on Day 2. Love the Cody Ford pick, as BUF needed to address the offensive line. Also liked that they added to the offense and got Josh Allen some help. Singletary was a good pick for now and later since they plan to rely on MCCoy and Frank Gore in the run game this year. I love the Dawson Knox pick as a security blanket for Allen.

Worst: 

- CIN: The Bengals' picks really don't make them better now. I question going TE in Round 2 with other glaring areas of need, particularly on defense.

- SF: Like the Deebo Samuel pick, but with the deep class of DBs atop Round 2 I thought they could have gone there, especially since they ultimately took another WR in Round 3. Maybe they are banking on the secondary improving with an improved pass rush. They need to address the secondary on Day 3.

- OAK: They got a CB, but I question taking Mulken when Greedy Williams was still on the board.

10 minutes ago, HBL052086 said:

- OAK: They got a CB, but I question taking Mulken when Greedy Williams was still on the board.

We've made a point this year of getting guys that play hard and love contact. Greedy is the exact opposite tbh. Do you question the other many teams for passing on him or just the Raiders because it's the Raiders?

• Like 2

Homer selection, but I'm pretty damn thrilled with what the Bears accomplished with such limited ammunition.

-Starting RB in the 3rd in David Montgomery.... Huge need

-Amazing value for a WR in Riley Ridley in the 4th

-Slot corner depth in the 6th, a need since we lost Bryce Callahan this year

Then two very athletic freaks for high upside low risk picks in the 7th

Kerrith Whyte-RB

Stephen Denmark-DB

Combine that with no less than 3 amazing UDFA pickups already

Emmanual Hall-WR

Alex Bars-OL

Dax Raymond-TE

And I honestly think we've done pretty damn outstanding, particularly considering how limited our picks where.

If I had to pick a team I don't at all homer for, I'm probably going to go with the Rams.... Henderson on that already explosive offense scares the hell out of me.. and I wish he was the guy Chicago had gone up for, because I think he was also drafted at lest a round later than he should have been.  EDIT: The redskins from what I saw where killing it in the draft as well, at least early on.

Worst drafting might be the raiders... or the lions.

Edited by Epyon

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Good ones - BUF, JAX, LAR, NE, WAS, PIT

Can't work out why CAR picked Grier (they hope their day 2 pick never has to play....), DAL picking the guard, HOU going to a project when there were still viable OLs on the board

Apparently Dallas drafted a guard to take over for Williams who will be taking over RT once Collins leaves. 

20 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We've made a point this year of getting guys that play hard and love contact. Greedy is the exact opposite tbh. Do you question the other many teams for passing on him or just the Raiders because it's the Raiders?

Probably just the teams that took a CB that wasn’t Greedy. Not everything is about this supposed hatred of the Raiders