2019 Draft Thoughts

Golfman

47 minutes ago, Burnett42 said:

Norm must have went undrafted cause I dont remember him at all lol

My userID was NormVanBrocklin#11 when I registered in 1949. I'm the GOAT of scouting. Nobody can talk **** now.

Also looking up his number I found out he was born in South Dakota. Neat!

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/07/which-packers-rookies-are-most-likely-to-start-in-2019/

Nice article pretty much sums up what is likely to go down with the rooks.  Agree about Summers.  He may just surprise. 

Not gonna lie, I liked Summers tape more than Oren Burks coming out. I wouldn't be super surprised if he pushed for playing time. It just depends if Burks takes that step in his second year.

I didn't like it at first, but when we took Sternberger,I was very happy with it.  I understand that addressing the defense and o line was important, but I felt like it was a very good WR class and didn't want to miss out.  Needless to say, I'm very happy with that pick .

I wasn't that big on Gute during his first year.  But he's clearly an upgrade, one that we should have made years ago.  He gets real football players, tough guys who love the sport.  And most important, they can play.  No more softies like Jason Spriggs or guys with a 0 football IQ like Josh Jones.  And hopefully the IR all star team won't be filled with GB players.  Those are the kind of guys who lose football games for you.  The type of guys who we are bringing in now are ones who will fight when the pressure is on.  We've missed that , specifically on the defensive side.

39 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

His football character was questioned  by many scouts.  

I'm not sure precisely what that means. Stylistically he's not a mauler or anything but I guess I never would have felt he was "soft."

2 hours ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

His football character was questioned  by many scouts.  

Ya got a link for that one?  Don't remember seeing any of that.  What is 'football character'? Is that like football IQ?

Did hear that Gute was a JJones supporter.  Big RAS numbers IIRC.