Where does Josh Rosen rank among busts?

Elky

On 4/27/2019 at 12:13 PM, Elky said:

On top of my head, I can't recall a team giving up on a first round pick, one they traded up for mind you, this quickly.

Rosen was thrown into the worst scenarios for a first year QB that I can ever recall. Historically bad OL, terrible WR corps, running game was awful (due to how the Coaching staff used Johnson), rookie play calling OC. 

For some reason he constantly gets dragged by the media. Trading for Rosen was a super, super sharp move by the Dolphins. They get him at $6M for the next three-years. At a minimum, that is a ridiculous bargain for a starting caliber QB who has potential. I think that's the same amount of money Colt McCoy makes. You evaluate him next year, tank, acquire picks, and if you don't think he's the guy, you take another QB next year.

The Dolphins get it right now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Rosen was thrown into the worst scenarios for a first year QB that I can ever recall. Historically bad OL, terrible WR corps, running game was awful (due to how the Coaching staff used Johnson), rookie play calling OC. 

For some reason he constantly gets dragged by the media. Trading for Rosen was a super, super sharp move by the Dolphins. They get him at $6M for the next three-years. At a minimum, that is a ridiculous bargain for a starting caliber QB who has potential. I think that's the same amount of money Colt McCoy makes. You evaluate him next year, tank, acquire picks, and if you don't think he's the guy, you take another QB next year.

He gets dragged by the media because he's a spoiled punk.

Josh Allen inherited just as bad of a scenario and, while he still sorta sucked, he showed he can at least be somewhat functional. If Rosen had any "potential", Arizona wouldn't have given up on him this quickly.

Edited by Elky

6 minutes ago, Elky said:

Josh Allen inherited just as bad of a scenario and, while he still sorta sucked, he showed he can at least be somewhat functional. If Rosen had any "potential", Arizona wouldn't have given up on him this quickly.

Brian Daboll and the Bills organization 2018 (even now in 2019) > Cardinals in 2018

What fid they have at first, Mike McCoy? Whoever it was got fired, then the head coach, and the GM somehow survived and is on the hot seat unless things drastically improve this year with the undersized rookie Kyler Murray at QB.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Brian Daboll and the Bills organization 2018 (even now in 2019) > Cardinals in 2018

What fid they have at first, Mike McCoy? Whoever it was got fired, then the head coach, and the GM somehow survived and is on the hot seat unless things drastically improve this year with the undersized rookie Kyler Murray at QB.

No, I distinctly remember when everyone had Buffalo picking first overall. They looked absolutely atrocious with Pinterman and everyone thought Allen was going to get killed.

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

No, I distinctly remember when everyone had Buffalo picking first overall. They looked absolutely atrocious with Pinterman and everyone thought Allen was going to get killed.

That was before Brian Daboll took over offense. And Pederman came before the current regime. Pederman is a special kind of special all on his own.

16 hours ago, Elky said:

What makes you say he's spoiled?

On 4/30/2019 at 7:15 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

I have a worst scenario that Rosan.  Jim Plunkett!