Pick is in, #106 - DE Maxx Crosby

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Maxx has 25 pressures on a year.

People forget other statlines. Mack barely had any sacks in year one, but you could tell by watching how disruptive he was, and by looking at how many pressures and hits he racked up. Ferrell is making plays against the run as well, week in and week out. He's batting down passes every week, the guys making plays every game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NickButera said:

People forget other statlines. Mack barely had any sacks in year one, but you could tell by watching how disruptive he was, and by looking at how many pressures and hits he racked up. Ferrell is making plays against the run as well, week in and week out. He's batting down passes every week, the guys making plays every game. 

Ferrel is smart and instinctive. He had the batted pass and on one third down play, he saw Bernard leaking into the flat, checked him before getting upfield and through the timing off. Bernard dropped the pass on the play. 

As he get bigger he's going to be fun to watch. He's already so savvy in play recognition and instinctual like veteran.

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mack is a heck of a player, there is no doubting that but I will have to say that people thought I was crazy when I said dealing Mack was a very smart move for this team.

It was going against the MSM narrative and for most average fans who can't think for themselves the MSM is gospel.  Once again paying 25 million for a non QB is ridiculous unless your a team who is 95 percent sure that player is a missing piece to a Super Bowl victory.   Clearly that isn't the case with Mack as there QB is Trashbinski.  The dude is a total hack.

I will say I wish we had gotten a bit more for Mack but getting rid of him was clearly the right move as value (Maxx Crosby) can be had much cheaper.  

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

And I get that. But do we keep throwing picks at DE and DT year after year while continuing to plug other holes with, in some cases, practice squad level talent? 

We can add another DE while still adding talent in the secondary and at LB. 

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Maxx and I'm rooting for him to do well. But again, we need to pump the breaks. Let's see how Maxx and Ferrell play the rest of the season.

I'm no longer pumping my brakes.  I'm now jumping into the wagon with the crazy fans that believe Maxx has a chance to win DROY.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ferrell has had 1 good game and has been meh most of the season. Crosby has definitely flashed but before today he had 2.5 sacks in 9 games. Ferrell and Crosby have both put up the majority of the production in a single game against 2 of the worst OL in the league. Let's pump the breaks a little bit. 

I know what you mean, but all I’m saying is if those things were to happen, then EDGE wouldn’t be a priority in round 1. We can always add one using one of our 3rds for example. If a blue chipper falls to us then yea sure, you have to take him.

16 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I know what you mean, but all I’m saying is if those things were to happen, then EDGE wouldn’t be a priority in round 1. We can always add one using one of our 3rds for example. If a blue chipper falls to us then yea sure, you have to take him.

I don't think we need another young rotational pass rusher with Crosby, Ferrell, and Key already in the fold. If we can add a guy like Chase Young then obviously we should do it. But if not I'd like to see us target a good veteran pass rusher in free agency. 

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think we need another young rotational pass rusher with Crosby, Ferrell, and Key already in the fold. If we can add a guy like Chase Young then obviously we should do it. But if not I'd like to see us target a good veteran pass rusher in free agency. 

Maybe resign Mayowa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I'm no longer pumping my brakes.  I'm now jumping into the wagon with the crazy fans that believe Maxx has a chance to win DROY.

With the games we have left, maybe.

The Raiders have had success against Denver and the Chargers. Titans, Jets and Jacksonville just suck.