Pick is in, #106 - DE Maxx Crosby

RaidersAreOne

On 4/27/2019 at 2:05 PM, BayRaider said:

What’s the % an NFL player, who needs to put on 15-20lbs, actually puts it on, and then plays effectively? Probably less than 5%. That is why Brian Burns was 16 instead of of the Top Pick in the draft even though he is by far the most technically sound. 

Burns played last season at 228 pounds and was a top 20 pick. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Burns played last season at 228 pounds and was a top 20 pick. 

I don’t get how that disproves my point. Burns playing that way at 265 is the #1 pick draft. By far the most technically skilled of any of the DL. Weight dropped him a bunch of picks. 

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anybody else think Crosby have more potential than Ferrell 

Not really.  Crosby has potential, but Ferrell already has a great frame and production against the SEC.   Ferrell will continue to get better, we can hope that Maxx improves and develops enough to be a productive player, I just don’t see him ever outplaying Ferrell.

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Do you lift? Men gain a lot of strength in their early 20s... Max has crazy work ethic, I expect him to to add nothing but muscle to fill out his frame over the next year or two ... Max is only 21

How do you know a mans work ethic? Why isn't he bulked up like a college DE now? 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How do you know a mans work ethic? Why isn't he bulked up like a college DE now? 

Imo he should’ve stayed for his sr year and polished off himself. He was 255 at the combine. One more year in college he would easily be 270 and considerably stronger. Did 18 bench reps so he’s not a complete weakling