Round 4 Pick 110: San Francisco 49ers Select P Mitch Wishnowsky, Utah

J-ALL-DAY

6 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Well it is interesting that the Pats took a punter in the 5th and at the time we didn't have a 5th. So for all those that said we could have had him later..................

Pretty sure that this selection occurred after the Watson  trade. Was pretty close though 

I havent't read all the responses on this thread yet but I'm going to say something that probably has already been said:

They couldn't wait until the last pick in the 6th to pick this guy?????

seriously???/

all I know is that the dude had better be able to punt balls into orbit and they don't come down until a quarter later 

Just now, Pandomonium said:

I havent't read all the responses on this thread yet but I'm going to say something that probably has already been said:

They couldn't wait until the last pick in the 6th to pick this guy?????

seriously???/

all I know is that the dude had better be able to punt balls into orbit and they don't come down until a quarter later 

They couldn't. NE went with a Punter in the fifth and this guy was rated as the best punter in this class. 

But yeah, no one is really a big fan of this. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

They couldn't. NE went with a Punter in the fifth and this guy was rated as the best punter in this class. 

But yeah, no one is really a big fan of this. 

Speak for yourself! I am absolutely a fan of this pick. Seriously. I'm gonna be yelling "Make a Wish" whenever I see him punt!

15 hours ago, N4L said:

I WISH NOW the ball to fly high in the SKY

Wish*now*sky the Australian grunted as he sent the inflated pig into orbit 

Now, let's wish for the sky? 

@rudyZ help me out here 

Can't help thee.

I'm still a bit angry.

My heart's still beating harder

Than a Scottish Hammer.

17 hours ago, N4L said:

I consider myself the punter aficionado around here considering how much easier it is to see the ball fly in the air and how it spins in person. If nothing else this will make the preseason exciting. 

@Aussie9er so would he be able to cover kickoffs? Or is that too much to ask? 

I think the chance of injury would be too much to cover kicks but if he needs to lay a tackle shouldn’t be a problem 

37 minutes ago, the-catch said:

sooooo nobody's going to say anything about his 4.64 40??

maybe we find a way to have him as low key safety. BAAAAM!! a two-fer-one. both punter and safety. now starting to look very smaaaht yes?? :P

Punters are runners too.

1 hour ago, the-catch said:

maybe we find a way to have him as low key safety. BAAAAM!! a two-fer-one. both punter and safety. now starting to look very smaaaht yes?? :P

I remember when we drafted pinion how we were all cracking jokes about him playing linebacker and tight end and the like

19 hours ago, the-catch said:

Ya know, having a punter who can run a bit and legit lay a tackle is a real advantage. How many times have you seen a punt return where, if the punter had been worth anything at all as an open field tackler, a TD could have been turned into a mere 25 yarder? Having a punter who's a good athlete also opens up some options for trick plays.

Edited by Ronnie's Pinky

30 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Ya know, having a punter who can run a bit and legit lay a tackle is a real advantage. How many times have you seen a punt return where, if the punter had been worth anything at all as an open field tackler, a TD could have been turned into a mere 25 yarder? Having a punter who's a good athlete also opens up some options for trick plays.

yeah trick plays are where this pick can be worth it. I just kept thinking about the Rams.. they hardly punt and when they do, 30% chance its a fake.