Texans Sign DeAndre Hopkins to 5 year deal

CWood21

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The only thing that puts a wrench into this is if Tom Savage goes ballistic this season - just out of left field with 4,000+ yards/25 TDs.

Then? You can't let him walk, even with Watson in the wings.

(Odds of this happening is Powerball level odds, but...)

It puts us into Chargers role in the mid 2000s with Brees and Rivers. They let Brees walk, obviously due to the concerns with his shoulder after the week 17 injury.

If he goes ballistic I assume we tag him, to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but let him talk with other teams and maybe even let it be known that we may be willing to trade him for less than the 2 first round picks.

Is Savage going ballistic really a concern?

Dont get me wrong, not being a total Texan hater here. Think Watson is going to be good for Houston but i dont think the Texans are worried Savage will wind up as Drew Brees

Back to Hopkins, he finds himself in the Demaryius/A-Rob category of very talented WRs who would be so much better and well known if they had better QBs

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Dont get me wrong, not being a total Texan hater here. Think Watson is going to be good for Houston but i dont think the Texans are worried Savage will wind up as Drew Brees

Back to Hopkins, he finds himself in the Demaryius/A-Rob category of very talented WRs who would be so much better and well known if they had better QBs

Like I said - Powerball level odds. It COULD happen. Just like I could have made $700,000,000 a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I mean the Chargers didn't think Brees was going to turn into Brees. That's why they drafted Manning and traded him for Rivers that high in the draft. But no obviously it isn't expected. Nor is worried the right word. It be a great problem to have.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I mean the Chargers didn't think Brees was going to turn into Brees. That's why they drafted Manning and traded him for Rivers that high in the draft. But no obviously it isn't expected. Nor is worried the right word. It be a great problem to have.

Yea no kidding. Having 2 good qbs? Some of us dont have 1 lol

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not really. To go ballistic means you play majority of your games. Given Savage's injury history I would bet money against it. Watson will be the starter around mid season. The state of our OL is bad. Savage wont survive behind it sad to say.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Not really. To go ballistic means you play majority of your games. Given Savage's injury history I would bet money against it. Watson will be the starter around mid season. Fans will call for it. 

I have a sinking feeling you guys have a Rodney Peete/Jake Delhome thing vs us. Savage comes out and stinks badly. You're losing at half time but start Watson 2nd half and win the game

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have a sinking feeling you guys have a Rodney Peete/Jake Delhome thing vs us. Savage comes out and stinks badly. You're losing at half time but start Watson 2nd half and win the game

Kinda like Osweiler/Savage last season. When we wore that awful red top/blue pants ensemble. 

Gah.

Archived