With the 114th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Dru Samia, G - Oklahoma

SemperFeist

Just now, Eric dunn said:

I think this is insurance for Kline & Elflien, in case they flop. Also provides some much needed depth. I think we can safely say this is the end of the Isidora project.

I still think we desperately need another WR, but whatevs. 

We drafted our "third WR" in Irv Smith; there are still plenty of depth options available at the position.

13 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I think this is insurance for Kline & Elflien, in case they flop. Also provides some much needed depth. I think we can safely say this is the end of the Isidora project

I never understood what anyone saw in Isidora to think he should be a backup in the league, but I wouldn't call it an end to the Isidora project either.  I am still willing to hold out hope that he'll be able to prove me wrong.  Would love it if he did and he proves he can be a valuable backup.

But yeah, I don't actually expect that Isidora will make the roster this year.  But I never thought that he should even before this pick either.  He needs to show improvement if he wants to make the roster. Fourth round picks usually make the roster and Dozier probably has a better chance of making the roster than Isidora too.

Current depth chart probably looks something like this:

LT: Reiff/Hill
RG: Jones/Samia
C: Elflein/Bradbury
LG: Kline/Dozier
RT: O'Neil/Hill

I would expect that to change pretty early in the offseason to something like this:

LT: Reiff/Hill
RG: Jones/ (Samia/Elflein) 
C: Bradbury/Elflein
LG: Kline/ (Samia/Elflein)
RT: O'Neil/Hill

With the rest, including Isidora, fighting for the last spot

Edited by Cearbhall

1 minute ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Great Pick! Wouldn’t be surprised if he beat out Elf

LT: Reiff

LG: Samia

C: Bradbury

RG: Kline

RT: O’Neal

Don't think Samia moves to the left side... he possibly could, but out of the shoot he'll be the right side back up behind Kline/O'Neill

What a great pick.  He was my top OG pick once Connor McGovern was taken.  He will probably need to sit a year before he beats out Kline, but he isn’t a huge project either.

Elflein is better than both Samia and Jones.  Elflein will likely be the LG, Jones will be the backup swing player on the IOL, then Samia will compete with Kline on the right side.