Pick 128: Tony Pollard / RB / Memphis

WizardHawk

I love this pick. I feel like he will be Tavon Austin's Shadow (a much bigger one). 

So, looking at Beasley and even Ryan Switzer, they are 'true' slot technicians - timing and precise route running are key to unlocking their upside. 

Pollard and Tavon are more explosive, relying on speed and space to make plays.

I think the Pollard and Tavon skill set goes with Dak's play style better. (One of the things that made him and Dez a bit incompatible.)

Dak is patient and expects clean throwing windows, as he is risk averse. His mobility also plays into the Tavon/Pollard skill set more. Getting skill players going side to side, both in pre-snap and post-snap situations, paired with Dak's ability and threat to run also gives those guys extra value in our offense. 

Basically, Pollard is Tavon Austin's backup and I don't expect much from him this year other than to learn - unless (or shall I say until) Tavon goes down. This is fine, though, as Tavon will fulfill the role described above. But now we wont have J Lewis filling in when injury strikes. And we can expect to be in a great situation next year when Pollard has a year under his belt and Tavon is gone.

TL;DR - He brings speed and explosiveness a la Tavon Austin, and can specialize in Austin's role behind him, learn and ultimately be a key gadget piece and special teams player on our team.