2019 4.29 (131) Washington Redskins select G Wes Martin, Indiana

Woz

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Is Shaun Luvuao really his nfl comparison? Like...really

I understand that's not a comparison we want out of an OL we take early in the draft, but this is a late 4th. I have no problem with a late 4th round guy being compared to a player who started 99 games in the NFL in 9 seasons even if he was just a serviceable player. 

If he ends up being a serviceable starter/good interior OL back up then I'm happy with that as a late 4th round pick.

• Like 2

He’s legit. Should be day 1 starter at LG and will be solid for 7 years. He’s under the radar to many but country strong, smart and my favorite pick of this very impressive draft. Also the Pats were all over him in pre draft so I know they are ticked we got him. They wanted him to pair with the little Dutch boy they drafted from Arkansas 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I understand that's not a comparison we want out of an OL we take early in the draft, but this is a late 4th. I have no problem with a late 4th round guy being compared to a player who started 99 games in the NFL in 9 seasons even if he was just a serviceable player. 

If he ends up being a serviceable starter/good interior OL back up then I'm happy with that as a late 4th round pick.

This is a really important point. If you get a Shawn Lauvao in the late 4th round, that’s a really good outcome from that pick. You get a long-term starter that late in the draft, that’s found money right there. 

• Like 2