2019 4.29 (131) Washington Redskins select G Wes Martin, Indiana

Woz

16 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

He’s legit. Should be day 1 starter at LG and will be solid for 7 years. He’s under the radar to many but country strong, smart and my favorite pick of this very impressive draft. Also the Pats were all over him in pre draft so I know they are ticked we got him. They wanted him to pair with the little Dutch boy they drafted from Arkansas 

Gotta love those cornfed OL from the mid west don't ya? We have a few starting on our OL right now with Scherff & Roullier!

Watch this and you guys might feel better about the pick. Dude has strenght and when he locks in he is unmoveable. He gets to the 2nd level well and is aware of the defense and space he is in. His footwork needs help but I could see him projecting as a starter this season as some point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Watch this and you guys might feel better about the pick. Dude has strenght and when he locks in he is unmoveable. He gets to the 2nd level well and is aware of the defense and space he is in. His footwork needs help but I could see him projecting as a starter this season as some point. 

Love it

Learned a couple of things from that video

1 - That guy is awesome - just pushes folks around like they dont belong there...Really looks effortless a lot of the time.  

2 - Indiana has a terrible football team 

Seriously though, could see him starting right away

• Like 1

I feel good about the two interior OL we drafted. Thanks for the video Mike23. I know Ross from Alabama was a heck of s good interior OL from them. I’m not sure if either of them beat out Flowers but I’d love to see it. At least we’ve added good competition and depth.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

1469 snaps his last 2 years in college.

Only allowed 2 sacks in those snaps over 2 seasons.

AND,, Maybe this has been covered but,, He played every 2017 snap at L G and every 2018 snap at center ! Graded a good bit higher at L G too . 

Oops, wrong-that was the other kid from 'Bama. Pierschbacher

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

AND,, Maybe this has been covered but,, He played every 2017 snap at L G and every 2018 snap at center ! Graded a good bit higher at L G too . 

Oops, wrong-that was the other kid from 'Bama. Pierschbacher

Yeah, popcorn was very versatile @C & G.

Hopefully Wes can challenge at LG, though. He's certainly strong as an OX.

• Like 1