Pick is in, #137 - TE Foster Moreau

RaidersAreOne

35 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He ran really good at the combine. When I watched LSU games I didn't see him play with that speed. I think this ends the Lee Smith era in Oakland. 

Meh im pretty sure Smith isn't going anywhere this year, but a future of Moreau and Waller might be something, Waller being more of the receiver type.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Meh im pretty sure Smith isn't going anywhere this year, but a future of Moreau and Waller might be something, Waller being more of the receiver type.

Agreed. I think the ones who should be looking over their shoulder based on this pick are Carrier and Butler. Tbh I like all of our TEs. None are complete players but they all bring at least one thing to the table I like when I see them play. I don't think any of them are great players but at least we have competition. Have to wonder how important TE is to Gruden considering how we attacked WR this offseason and let Cook walk when we easily could have paid him.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Agreed. I think the ones who should be looking over their shoulder based on this pick are Carrier and Butler. Tbh I like all of our TEs. None are complete players but they all bring at least one thing to the table I like when I see them play. I don't think any of them are great players but at least we have competition. Have to wonder how important TE is to Gruden considering how we attacked WR this offseason and let Cook walk when we easily could have paid him.

I think TE is extremely important for the some of the reasons you outlined. We have collected 6 guys that can or will be able to help a team in certain key areas. I think Gruden and Mayock look at this position as one where you can get production from a group effort more than one allpro. In general, we have 2 great blockers, 2 great athletes and 2 great route runners/receivers with some bleed over in areas.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

I think TE is extremely important for the some of the reasons you outlined. We have collected 6 guys that can or will be able to help a team in certain key areas. I think Gruden and Mayock look at this position as one where you can get production from a group effort more than one allpro. In general, we have 2 great blockers, 2 great athletes and 2 great route runners/receivers with some bleed over in areas.

Good points. I'll add that none of them are probably ever going to see big contracts either, which is a plus.

51 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I think it’ll be one of Butler/Waller making the team. Are either PS eligible? 

I would assume both, Butler at least.

5 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Good points. I'll add that none of them are probably ever going to see big contracts either, which is a plus.

I would assume both, Butler at least.

Yeah they both can still hit the PS.

Waller was 26 but only has 2 accrued season per the rules so he can still be sent to the PS.

Butler just came in the league last year even though he is 26 as well.

Like this pick too. Has the potential to develope into a complete TE.

Smith will be the starter and the blocker.

Waller will be the receiver.

Moreau the can do it all project.

Carrier, Willson and Butler will have to battle for the 4th spot, if there will be one..

I like this kids potential as a dual threat starter. But his floor is at least an exceptional run blocker and Lee Smith’s future replacement. Our TE coach really liked him. He’s pretty athletic and fast but needs to learn routes and see the field better after the catch. 

I’m not gonna expect him to turn into a starter but he’s a fun developmental prospect to keep an eye on.