Jaguars draft Temple RB Ryquell Armstead at #140

11 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Why do all our backs do the same thing?

I was hoping the departure of Wheatley and arrival of Flip would make us more open to different types of back,  but I guess not.  Seems like Doug has a type for his backs.

I looked at the available lists of rb last night and Armstead did appear to be one of the viable options left. 

The OL better blow some holes open, because Leonard, Blue, and Armstead aren't going to find holes themselves

3 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

I was hoping the departure of Wheatley and arrival of Flip would make us more open to different types of back,  but I guess not.  Seems like Doug has a type for his backs.

I looked at the available lists of rb last night and Armstead did appear to be one of the viable options left. 

The OL better blow some holes open, because Leonard, Blue, and Armstead aren't going to find holes themselves

Fournette's issue is according to reports he never learned the last playbook if you noticed Blake use to have to line Fournette up quite a bit.

Edited by DuvalsKing

20 minutes ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

Bennie is supposed to be our scat/receiving back according to Dave yesterday.

How much time on the field do you think Benny is really going to get? He played primarily ST for the Bears and didn't see the field in Nagy's offense.

Edited by DuvalsKing

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont mind that he is similar to LF at all. I’d like my top-2 backs to be powerful and have a good 3rd down scat back. 

I still want Grant back

You either double down or decide to adjust if you have differences in personnel. They are doubling and tripling down on this run game of angry runners who will run over their OL's back rather than finding a cutback lane.

2 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

You either double down or decide to adjust if you have differences in personnel. They are doubling and tripling down on this run game of angry runners who will run over their OL's back rather than finding a cutback lane.

Exactly. If we are concerned about LFs injuries, we dont want a small guy as our #2

• Like 1