Jaguars draft Temple RB Ryquell Armstead at #140

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Exactly. If we are concerned about LFs injuries, we dont want a small guy as our #2

i would be perfectly fine having a Darren sproles type of guy and doing a rotation of backs like how the Eagles and Pats do.  pats still rotate backs and such even after taking a 1st rounder in michel.  eagles have a collective group thats well diverse. 

I don't mind it.  Obviously really doubling down on that sort of bull in a china shop style like Fournette.  That physical, punishing running game is obviously something they want to enforce on opponents, and last year they goofed up pretty badly by not having a 2nd guy who can run like that when Fournette misses time.  So that's good.  Armstead has that workhorse "volume back" potential to provide insurance for us.

Not really the type who is going to give us much different from Fournette and i don't think he's going to be a really high YPC guy.  But not a bad back to get with a pick like this.

He's got that speed score thing going for him, with the size+decent speed combo too, so that's nice.

On 27/04/2019 at 1:26 PM, DuvalsKing said:

I guess 🤨

I don't necessarily think Armstead's "hands" are the problem.  He can catch.  It's just...i don't think he really has the right mentality to do much with it.  More of a "look for a guy to run over" type runner, than a run to daylight guy who is going to carve teams up if you get him the ball in space as a receiver.  And that's not going to change as a Pro to flatter his numbers i don't think.

13 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I don't mind it.  Obviously really doubling down on that sort of bull in a china shop style like Fournette.  That physical, punishing running game is obviously something they want to enforce on opponents, and last year they goofed up pretty badly by not having a 2nd guy who can run like that when Fournette misses time.  So that's good.  Armstead has that workhorse "volume back" potential to provide insurance for us.

Not really the type who is going to give us much different from Fournette and i don't think he's going to be a really high YPC guy.  But not a bad back to get with a pick like this.

He's got that speed score thing going for him, with the size+decent speed combo too, so that's nice.

He's essentially Ivory's replacement

1 minute ago, Speedyg said:

He's essentially Ivory's replacement

Yeah.  Which isn't bad.  Our running game did function a lot better when they had that second hammer.  If that's the type of game you want to play...you want insurance for it.  Especially considering the suspect reliability of our lead back.