Round 5 Pick 148: San Francisco 49ers Select LB Dre Greenlaw, Arkansas

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, John232 said:

Eh, SAM doesn't matter really. Nzechoka, Ford and Pita T will man that on base downs. 

The safety issue and the constant weird picks is concerning. Really souring on Lynch. 

I don't see Pita making this roster but stranger things have happened. Actually the more I think about it, I doubt we'll keep a true SAM on the 53. I think they'll just play a combination of Ford and Warner there in base and roll with that.

Edited by 757-NINER

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I don't see Pita making this roster but stranger things have happened. Actually, the more I think about it, I doubt we'll keep a true SAM on the 53. I think they'll just play a combination of Ford and Warner there in base and roll with that.

I'd probably stick Ford there in base packages. I like a line of Bosa / Buck / Jones and AA/Solly on the end for runs

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I don't see Pita making this roster but stranger things have happened. Actually the more I think about it, I doubt we'll keep a true SAM on the 53. I think they'll just play a combination of Ford and Warner there in base and roll with that.

The only reason I say Pita T has a good shot is they really liked having Watson on the roster because he could backup the edge position, excel on ST and stand up and play SAM. Pita T (in Theory) can do that too. He stood up at Utah, he played ST last year and looked good and we've seen him with his hand in the ground. But I would MUCH prefer we just keep Pita, get rid of Nzechoka and really let Malcom and Ford run the SAM on base downs. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

They need to leave Bryant Young's #97 alone. They went a decade with no one wearing it then all of a sudden they gave it to Watson with no explanation given. I dont want Bosa wearing it either. Should have been retired already...

Franchise has been nonchalant with jersey legacy a couple of times. You mentioned #97 being effectively in limbo, but also Dave Wilcox's number hasn't been retired. He's a Hall of Fame player, but his number has been in use a bunch of times. Every other HOF 49ers number is off limits I think.

Personally, I think commemorative patches should just be made for all our numbers for special players that made the number notable. Like I saw Clemson do. That way worrying about number supply won't be an issue, but you can still honor the past.

Edited by PapaShogun

Senior Bowl guy so at least we know Shnany/Lynch have that week of practice to know the type of player he is. I like that he's known for his coverage and was a 4 year starter in the SEC. Maybe he cuts his teeth as a ST guy for us but i'm glad we added some depth at off the ball LB. Elijah Lee is on notice. 

5 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Senior Bowl guy so at least we know Shnany/Lynch have that week of practice to know the type of player he is. I like that he's known for his coverage and was a 4 year starter in the SEC. Maybe he cuts his teeth as a ST guy for us but i'm glad we added some depth at off the ball LB. Elijah Lee is on notice. 

He was on the other side so they only had that one afternoon i believe.

7 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I thought position coaches (like Demeco Ryans) worked with both sides during positional drills. I could be wrong though

Pretty sure the whole coaching staff just works one team and there is no overlap during the drills whatsoever.

• Like 1

One of those late day 3 guys I didn't do enough studying of. Wish he were a lil taller, but his 32.25 arm length better than I thought. 4.5 speed reported at his pro day, but you know how that can go.. basically fast enough guy. Experienced and durable depth, for now. 

5 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I thought position coaches (like Demeco Ryans) worked with both sides during positional drills. I could be wrong though

You are correct, the north and the south teams switched coaching staffs for one practice so that both teams would have an opportunity to work with every prospect. 

Doesn't happen every year, but it did this year 

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

You are correct, the north and the south teams switched coaching staffs for one practice so that both teams would have an opportunity to work with every prospect. 

Doesn't happen every year, but it did this year 

Not even a practice just a afternoon off the field.