Round 5 Pick 148: San Francisco 49ers Select LB Dre Greenlaw, Arkansas

J-ALL-DAY

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All this means is Greenlaw will never see the field since it is mandatory for our LBs to miss at least 20 tackles a year lol.

He only missed 4 tackles cause he was always being blocked and driven back 8 yards by OL. Pretty uninspiring pick, I guess he spends his on the PS but his film is a pretty rough watch for me. Hesitation from the snap, doesn’t shed, runs around OL instead of taking on blocks, limited strength, not very good at reading or poor instincts, not a whole lot of pop in his pads. This was one of the picks that made me cringe the most, especially when there was Ty Summers, David Long and Blake Cashman still on the board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

He only missed 4 tackles cause he was always being blocked and driven back 8 yards by OL. Pretty uninspiring pick, I guess he spends his on the PS but his film is a pretty rough watch for me. Hesitation from the snap, doesn’t shed, runs around OL instead of taking on blocks, limited strength, not very good at reading or poor instincts, not a whole lot of pop in his pads. This was one of the picks that made me cringe the most, especially when there was Ty Summers, David Long and Blake Cashman still on the board.

Summers and Long are kind of 'meh' to me, but I really like Cashman, so I can understand your point.

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

I was thinking by the same thing, but I didn't want to say it lol. He's a chaser

FWIW, this guy legit seems like a great character guy. I don't love his play on the field, but he's a very easy guy to root for based on everything I read about him. Really hoping for the best for him. Sounds like he deserves it. 

• Like 2