With the 133rd pick, NE Patriots select...

Hunter2_1

Look at some of those utter dimes being dropped. 

Had poor receivers, he will be coached well. Love the pick.

Do you know what I like about him; he throws the ball away a lot, he's patient and he progresses through reads. This is NFL stuff. You don't want someone flashy who throws to an open first read, you want him to face adversity and still look good. That was Stids.

Edited by Hunter2_1

I've been saying Will Grier the most but Jarrett Stidham second most for months do this isn't really surprising, although ultimately fourth round value is great when he could be a first round picks if his college career wasn't affected by the transfer from Baylor. First round caliber talent like Drew Lock.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I've been saying Will Grier the most but Jarrett Stidham second most for months do this isn't really surprising, although ultimately fourth round value is great when he could be a first round picks if his college career wasn't affected by the transfer from Baylor. First round caliber talent like Drew Lock.

It seems strange that Grier went to Carolina. If he was forced into action their entire offense would have to change. 

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It seems strange that Grier went to Carolina. If he was forced into action their entire offense would have to change. 

It's a very weird pick. They're essentially hoping their second round pick never has to play....

On 4/28/2019 at 1:06 AM, Deadpulse said:

Even though Newton runs a lot, I don't think it's necessarily by design most of the time. I don't know a whole lot about the Panthers but they seem to pass out of a lot. I think Grier would be fine stepping in just like Taylor Heinike stepped in and he offense didn't really seem drastically different.

According to my projection model, he'll have his work cut out for him:

Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
Statistic Figure
Projected AV 3.71
Bust Chance 82.08%
PB Chance 10.37%

Hopefully the Pats can tap into the potential that we saw when he had a full supporting cast and make him another statistical outlier HOF QB.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Statistic Figure
Projected AV 3.71
Bust Chance 82.08%
PB Chance 10.37%

Hopefully the Pats can tap into the potential that we saw when he had a full supporting cast and make him another statistical outlier HOF QB.

I enjoy reading that. Do you have the numbers for the other Patriots draft picks?

Btw I think 10% Pro Bowl chance for a 4th round pick is pretty good.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I enjoy reading that. Do you have the numbers for the other Patriots draft picks?

Btw I think 10% Pro Bowl chance for a 4th round pick is pretty good.

No, I've only done things for QBs and non-rush LBs. They're both in NFL Draft if you want to check those out, though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Statistic Figure
Projected AV 3.71
Bust Chance 82.08%
PB Chance 10.37%

Do you have Jimmy G's?

1 minute ago, AlNFL19 said:

No because he played in the FCS. 

I'm trying to figure out ways of comparing Jimmy G and Jarett. Maybe some kind of cross-check on their talents to see if the Pats see the same things in JS as they did with JG - which would be good for us, suggesting they think they can develop him as well / or just has the tangible skills they need.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm trying to figure out ways of comparing Jimmy G and Jarett. Maybe some kind of cross-check on their talents to see if the Pats see the same things in JS as they did with JG - which would be good for us, suggesting they think they can develop him as well / or just has the tangible skills they need.

Comparing my evaluation of Stidham to NFL.com's of Garoppolo:

JIMMY GAROPPOLO, QB, EASTERN ILLINOIS

• Urgent decision-maker
  • Made a lot of one-look reads against FCS defenses
  • Good Anticipation
  • Hangs the deep ball
  • Very tough in the pocket
  • Didn't always see pressure coming
  • Lightning fast and mechanically sound release

JARRETT STIDHAM, QB, AUBURN

• Intelligent decision-maker who can make full-field reads
  • Limited turnover-worthy plays
  • Was rarely asked to make NFL reads at Auburn
  • Accuracy was hit-or-miss in 2018
  • Tends to stand too far back in the pocket
  • Some ability to scramble
  • Quick and efficient throwing motion with some issues
  • Footwork isn't great

There's some comparable stuff there.

One thing to note is that Stidham won't have the aid of Jerry Schuplinski, who moved on to the Dolphins. My understanding is Jerry was always the one acting as the QB coach for the younger guys.

• Like 1