5[150]: Kinsley Keke [DL; Texas A&M]

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

I'd honestly be interested to hear your breakdown. If you really see no need, I'm not sure what you're doing on this board at all. 

Clark is obviously really good

I think Daniels has one more good year in him, especially a contract year.

Lowry is a solid player, worthy of a mid level second year contract.

There’s no way you can speak to Lancaster’s ceiling yet. He’s flashed and is just scratching the surface

I agree with your take on Adams

Keke is a wildcard. Who knows.

Your take wasn’t horrible, but it was as pessimistic as it could possibly be without being ridiculous. I guess mine is as positive as can be without being ridiculous. So I’m not hating.

Edited by boratt

16 minutes ago, boratt said:

Your take wasn’t horrible, but it was as pessimistic as it could possibly be without being ridiculous. I guess mine is as positive as can be without being ridiculous. So I’m not hating.

This is the time of year where every take is basically every player hitting the absolute max ceiling they possess as a matter of course. I'm not speaking ceiling, because ceiling is pointless. Most players never hit their ceiling, so I don't bother talking about what that would look like. Every fan of every team believes their team is about to way over-perform in May, because why not? Why not believe the absolute best? It's never how it shakes out and I have no interest in assuming the very best. This isn't my take about how I hope it goes. I am a huge fan of Adams and think he'll take the next step and I think Daniels has another contract in him and we still haven't seen Clark's best. But my hopes don't affect ****. That post is what I've seen on film and what I've learned to expect. It's not pessimistic, it's borne of experience. 

Daniels is good now but has to fall off soon. I’d rather have Lowry on a second contract than Daniels on his third. One is trending up, the other down. 

It’s weird that you pick a guy who’s shown almost nothing, Adams, to feel optimistic about.

Whatever though. All of us see things differently. 

Edited by boratt

4 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Thank you. I genuinely appreciate when people let me know I can ignore everything they say. It saves me a lot of time. 

The thing is you didn't post data or analysis to back up your hypercritical claims. To then ask me to back up what I said just doesn't have any virtue.

For a little analysis, Lancaster as a pass rusher hasn't changed. He's about the same guy he was as an underclassman at NW... However, as a run defender, his game and productivity has grown by leaps and bounds.

11 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

I'll be honest, to me that's the same player Lowry has been since 2016. He's a better version of that player, sure, but it's basically the same guy. He can play the run toward him but you don't want him anchoring a double team. He can play the run away from him but he won't be running anyone down from behind. He's got a bull rush and he can slip it from time to time when you need him rushing. He can do whatever you need him to but he's not special at any of it. That's what Lowry is and has always been to me. A tough guy with good hands and ok feet who's going to give you everything. You can win with him and he's definitely a useful piece, but he's not a guy I see getting a second contract. 

I didn't mean to imply I don't like him; I'm glad Green Bay has him, and you're right that every team needs those guys. It's just that he started faster than expected but has improved slower than expected. 

I assume you mean he won't be getting a second contract with us? He's going to get a second contract somewhere or are you disputing that point? Barring a major injury this year, teams will go after 'guys you can win with'! Which is a point I agree with.

I guess my point is, he could very well get a second contract with us depending on the price tag. Completely rational to think he may get such a good deal elsewhere and he prices himself out of our range. There are many teams with much more cap space wiling to probably pay more than we are for 'a guy you can win with'! We also may have a few more of those type of guys on our bench still on rookie deals in Adams and Keke! If those two prove capable he's probably expendable. 

Edited by Golfman

On 5/20/2019 at 12:53 PM, MrBobGray said:

I wish I had the faith in Keke the rest of you seem to.  Being honest, from his tape he seems like the quintessential "all the tools, none of the talent" late round DL pick that never turns out.  He can do so many things, but he rarely does them in game.  He's the type who lights up the 1 on 1 pass rushing drill and everyone starts projecting him to the Pro Bowl right before he gets 12 snaps on the season.

At this moment the Packers DL is basically Kenny and a grab bag of random stuff.  I love Daniels but age and injuries have caught up to him a bit and once his feet goes he's going to absolutely tumble off a cliff.  Lancaster is a stud as long as you're running at him, but doesn't offer much other than that.  Lowry is more or less the same player he's been since his rookie year which is disappointing but usable.  Of them all, Adams is the one real question mark.  Adams has pretty good tools in the belt and he plays hard, but the game still hasn't slowed down for him.  He basically red-shirted his rookie year so that's not a true red flag yet, but this has to be his year.  If he doesn't take that jump then it's probably time to move on and the Packers have a real problem with their DL depth.

I get what you are doing here.  I do.

But I think you should re-evaluate your thoughts on Lowry.  He isn't what he was as a rookie.  He's gotten a lot better.  If you look at his career stats, you see a nice progression there.  And he's pretty healthy.  Heady player.  Not flashy, but tough and does the dirty work.  He's not a star (like Clark is or Daniels was), but he is a very steady player.  All teams need guys like him.

I think Lancaster has a nice career ahead of him, too.  He does have lateral movement, he's not just a space eater.  Very powerful.  He's the reason you do not draft run stuffing DL early in the draft.  Very competent guy to have in the rotation.

I'm unsure if I've seen Adams play hard yet.  Forget the red-shirt excuse, Lancaster was cut, returned and improved during the year.  

11 hours ago, boratt said:

Lancaster is an interesting player though. He’s a powerful dude. That works for pass rush too. He’s just scratching the surface. Ceiling or not, dude was a rookie last year. He’ll be better.

Agreed, I see him playing on most of the obvious run downs and don't think he is worthless at rushing the passer . I know it is blasphemy to mention moving Clark off of NT but if Lancaster gets better, we lose Daniels next year, and depending on what get in free agency/draft; I wouldn't be shocked seeing Lancaster at NT, Clark at 3T, and hopefully an early draft pick at 5T(unless Lowry balls out or Adams/Keke show they can start.)

37 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

^
^

Anybody know: what is the small circle just to the left of his name tag ? They all seem to have it
Is that a GPS gizmo ?

A designated location/area for some future add or team related patch? Normal eyesight movement is from left to right - so if thats the reason for the circle - its properly placed to be seen first.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

^
^

Anybody know: what is the small circle just to the left of his name tag ? They all seem to have it
Is that a GPS gizmo ?

My guess would be that GPS/ player data tracking stuff the medical & conditioning team used in the past. Assuming they still do?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

My guess would be that GPS/ player data tracking stuff the medical & conditioning team used in the past. Assuming they still do?

I thought that as well and you might be right on it - but wouldnt it be exposed to potential damage? I certainly dont know the system but (for no known reason....) always thought it was embedded / protected somewhere in the shoulder pads.

Edited by Leader