MKnight82

2019 5.15 (153) Washington Redskins select OC Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama

Needless to say at least we're trying to take care of the interior oline.

Good player in college. Dealt with a host of quality defensive fronts and held up well. Only low point being obviously Clemson. Which had their entire DL go in the first few rounds it seems.

Awesome pick! Most of us wanted him a round earlier and we still got him. Now we got a young guard and center to develop! Yes!

A pair of interior linemen? I approve.

Honestly the fact we addressed OL twice with two solid big guys I’m happy!!! Honestly I hate too say this but I actually love our draft!!!

We got a big 10 interior OL and an SEC interior OL, what's not to love? These two should be good depth at the least.

Really like this pick up just seems like he can be a solid back-up and play in a pinch. Nice move

Posted (edited)

I think he, more than Martin from Indiana has the best shot to beat out Flowers but while Flowers hasn't lived up to his potential, Flowers does still have more natural talent then these two so, we’ll see.

At least we have some competition at Lg and I think we still have Kouandjio too, correct?

Nevermind, I don’t think Kouandjio is under contract right now and hopefully Flowers, Ross and Martin look good enough in camp that Kouandjio isn’t brought back.

Edited by turtle28

On 4/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, turtle28 said:

I think he, more than Martin from Indiana has the best shot to beat out Flowers but while Flowers hasn't lived up to his potential, Flowers does still have more natural talent then these two so, we’ll see.

Agree.  I think Martin has a lot of technique work to do.  But I sure hope they let these guys have a fair competition and not give Flowers the nod because his contract is more expensive.  It should be noted that Flowers is on a one year contract.

4 year starter? Just think of the NFL DL that he went up against in practice in those 4 years!

Johnathan Allen  and Da'Ron Payne are just two of them

Like the pick...he adds depth at a position of need and also has experience at other spots along the line. What concerns me is that his big knock was lack of strength...far too often were our interior lineman pushed back into the backfield. Hopefully he can add to his functional strength and be a piece of moving forward.

We need a nickname for this guy ASAP cause typing his name is a pain.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

We need a nickname for this guy ASAP cause typing his name is a pain.  

We'll, Everytime I see his name?

I think of redenbacher popcorn

So I say, we call him "Popcorn"