2019 5.15 (153) Washington Redskins select OC Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama

MKnight82

I think he, more than Martin from Indiana has the best shot to beat out Flowers but while Flowers hasn't lived up to his potential, Flowers does still have more natural talent then these two so, we’ll see.

At least we have some competition at Lg and I think we still have Kouandjio too, correct?

Nevermind, I don’t think Kouandjio is under contract right now and hopefully Flowers, Ross and Martin look good enough in camp that Kouandjio isn’t brought back.

Edited by turtle28

On 4/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, turtle28 said:

I think he, more than Martin from Indiana has the best shot to beat out Flowers but while Flowers hasn't lived up to his potential, Flowers does still have more natural talent then these two so, we’ll see.

Agree.  I think Martin has a lot of technique work to do.  But I sure hope they let these guys have a fair competition and not give Flowers the nod because his contract is more expensive.  It should be noted that Flowers is on a one year contract.

Like the pick...he adds depth at a position of need and also has experience at other spots along the line. What concerns me is that his big knock was lack of strength...far too often were our interior lineman pushed back into the backfield. Hopefully he can add to his functional strength and be a piece of moving forward.