Titans select D'Andre Walker-OLB- (5th round)

KingTitan

Everybody assumes Finch... But Correa is the more complete OLB of the 2. Doesn't have the pass rushing skills of Landry or Wake, but definitely plays the run and pass as well as any of them. 

They'll all split time, but I'm expecting Correa to be the one who comes out playing the starter snaps opposite Landry (even if Wake gets the official starter designation). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Everybody assumes Finch... But Correa is the more complete OLB of the 2. Doesn't have the pass rushing skills of Landry or Wake, but definitely plays the run and pass as well as any of them. 

They'll all split time, but I'm expecting Correa to be the one who comes out playing the starter snaps opposite Landry (even if Wake gets the official starter designation). 

Media guys such as PK say otherwise. Plus Correa is pretty bad against the run. Numerous plays last year he gave up big runs because he over pursued on a play. Correa is what he is. A solid 4th rusher. Finch has potential and played surprisingly well last season for an UDFA. No one is saying Finch will be some great player but his traits are definitely something to like.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Media guys such as PK say otherwise. Plus Correa is pretty bad against the run. Numerous plays last year he gave up big runs because he over pursued on a play. Correa is what he is. A solid 4th rusher. Finch has potential and played surprisingly well last season for an UDFA. No one is saying Finch will be some great player but his traits are definitely something to like.

Well have to wait to see what the pecking order is after camp. I know Correa had a couple of healthy scratches mid season, but he took the bulk of the snaps to end the season in the week 14 and 15 wins once Rak went down (his snaps went down by half in the final game). 

... But... This is definitely one of the weak links of the defense going in. DL too with Simmons not being a factor until November, at least. Walker definitely has the opportunity to get into the rotation early... Especially if he's as well rounded as it appears he is. 

Our defense played we for the most part last year... And we had no significant losses... So there's a chance success continues on that side of the ball... Especially if the offense can keep drives going longer this year. 

51 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

... But... This is definitely one of the weak links of the defense going in. DL too with Simmons not being a factor until November, at least. Walker definitely has the opportunity to get into the rotation early... Especially if he's as well rounded as it appears he is. 

Our defense played we for the most part last year... And we had no significant losses... So there's a chance success continues on that side of the ball... Especially if the offense can keep drives going longer this year. 

Yeah, I think expecting Finch to be a noticeable contributor is optimistic, but he could be a rotational guy if he develops the way second year players do most of the time.  I think the Titans paid more for him than any other team signed a UDFA for, so they very clearly like him.  Definitely still need help there, but I think they're pretty satisfied now at every position.

Titans signed Alex Barnes.  I like that.  He could potentially make the roster, if he's lucky.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

yeah man, correa is a depth guy. would not be surprised if Finch plays more snaps than him.. I'm actually expecting it. Correa just isn't very good to me. there was a reason Baltimore shipped him away for nothing with him being a 2nd round pick

19 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

really? that's were I had seen him mocked the most before the draft and most had his overall ranking as a top 100 player. nevertheless, good add.

Eh he’s limited. Not a good pass-rusher at this point and has limited PR moves. Surprisingly he was better defending the run. Definitely a good add in the 5th though.

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

People forget that Evans can and will be able to rush from the edge too. 

Eh.  I know Pees has a tendency to get a lot of pressure from non-edge positions, but even so, we need better.  No team is completely free of weaknesses, and you can't fix everything in one draft, but I really do wish we had a better edge contributor.