Are you smarter than our front office v.2019

9 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

It's easier to give a GM flack for a bad draft when it feels bad from the start. If this draft turns out to be a meh we'll spin it as it couldn't have been any better that it was.

FWIW, it sure would be nice to have a franchise QB...I like the Haskins/CB route as Broncofan presented.

Just my opinion, but I think we got him in Flacco. 

On 5/24/2019 at 12:28 AM, AKRNA said:

Just my opinion, but I think we got him in Flacco. 

I doubt it. Even if he's a good player this year, he's still 34 years old and has come off multiple injuries. Any trends would seem to suggest he's more likely to fall off a cliff with age.

20 hours ago, broncos67 said:

I doubt it. Even if he's a good player this year, he's still 34 years old and has come off multiple injuries. Any trends would seem to suggest he's more likely to fall off a cliff with age.

it's been 5 years since he has had a good season, no? 

20 hours ago, broncos67 said:

We'll see, I know that's the popular opinion. 

I think his performance drop off probably had more to do with OC's Trestman an Morningweh and their dink and dunk approach than it did with any fault with Flacco. I won't be surprised a bit if he has some of his best years here.

I think Flacco can be better than what he has been the last 3-4 years, but I doubt he’s a carry the team type of performer.  I love what he brings in playoff experience as well as the arm to stretch the field (something I think severely hindered this offense with Siemian and Keenum).  I’ll be very happy if he is able to help keep Denver competitive for the next year or 2 as a bridge to Lock.

20 hours ago, germ-x said:

I think Flacco can be better than what he has been the last 3-4 years, but I doubt he’s a carry the team type of performer.  I love what he brings in playoff experience as well as the arm to stretch the field (something I think severely hindered this offense with Siemian and Keenum).  I’ll be very happy if he is able to help keep Denver competitive for the next year or 2 as a bridge to Lock.

Hopefully with our run game and D he won’t have to be a carry the team performer. I just want someone who won’t wilt in the 4th quarter or 3rd down. That’d be cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Hopefully with our run game and D he won’t have to be a carry the team performer. I just want someone who won’t wilt in the 4th quarter or 3rd down. That’d be cool.

Agreed and what I am hoping for as well.  He isn’t our long term answer, IMO, but if he can keep the mistakes to a minimum and keep defenses honest I’ll be happy.  

9 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Does anyone have stats on our 3rd down efficiency since Manning's health deteriorated? We must be in the bottom 5 in the league, surely.