Round 6 Pick 176 San Francisco 49ers Select TE Kaden Smith, Stanford

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

But our 3rd TE currently is Ross Dwelley, so I'm okay with that. 

Yeah but nothing really inspiring in terms of upside. Its a fine pick and he will probably make the roster but with a guy like Caleb Wilson still available i would prefer to go with someone like that.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Yeah but nothing really inspiring in terms of upside. Its a fine pick and he will probably make the roster but with a guy like Caleb Wilson still available i would prefer to go with someone like that.

Yeah..some people really hate Caleb Wilson though. I would prefer someone like Kaden Smith, we don't need a TE with upside. We need one who can come in and be competent because the third TE spot was a trainwreck last year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

Have they said at all if Hurd will get snaps at TE? I realize these are two totally different types of players but just curious what the depth chart at TE will look like. 

Hurd will start out at WR and the team will go from there. 

LOVE THIS PICK 

I have been asking for a redzone, zone beater, third down TE who can block since last off-season. Someone with strong hands and a huge catch radius. This guy fits that to a T. 

Suddenly we have a lot of redzone threats with hurds in the mix as well. 

....we sure do love our Stanford guys lol 

• Like 3

Just now, N4L said:

Suddenly we have a lot of redzone threats with hurds in the mix as well. 

It's unfortunate that Shanny doesn't know how to utilize them and be successful in the red zone. 

He should just hand the playcalling duties over to someone else in the red zone. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's unfortunate that Shanny doesn't know how to utilize them and be successful in the red zone. 

He should just hand the playcalling duties over to someone else in the red zone. 

Or he can change his entire philosophy in the RZ and adjust to what works for other teams. All these outside runs and HB pitches is straight crap. More inside runs and less outside runs and maybe trying to isolate certain receivers will do the trick. But what I like is both our WRs now can win one on one in that area. Both can run fade routes and run killer out routes. No excuses not to be at least average in that area next season. 

• Like 1